forum

[resolved] Alt+up/down (mousewheel) in editor does not change volume

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nwolf
Gonna copy the feature request that resulted in this horrible behaviour of having alt+u/d instead of ctrl+shift+u/d (blaming dev not BD)

There is a small hotkey conflict in editor when you're trying to change the volume with the alt+down/up (mousewheel) hotkey. You can move them left and right freely, but when you try to increase or lower it, you end up changing distance snapping. Not sure if this is intentional and it's not very minor, but I'm pretty sure it is inconsistent and shouldn't work this way IMO.

in Compose this is (just like the feature request)

osu! version: 20150305 (latest)
- Marco -
It changes the volume to me
Sure
alt + ↑ or ↓ (keyboard)
don't mouse wheel
Timorisu
Bump >>

Can't think it's intended that you have to use the arrow keys in editor only. Every other menu works with the mousewheel. Why not just revert back to ctrl+shift?
TheVileOne
You have to alt + mousewheel outside the gamefield.
PatZar
F3 -> alt + mouse scroll done
TicClick

TheVileOne wrote:

You have to alt + mousewheel outside the gamefield.
If you want to switch between the meters and, say, boost hitsounds volume, this is impossible. While the cursor is on the grid, scrolling with Alt held down changes the spacing multiplier, but not the selected volume meter. I guess I'll post this in a separate thread.
Damnae
For now you have to release Alt to be able to use the meters while hovering them.
BanchoBot
Issue(s) in this thread have been addressed by the following changes:
  1. Allow changing the volume while hovering controls without having to release Alt. (Damnae)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150317.1cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.