forum

[Archived] Map Input to Osu Window & Dual Monitors

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sneakysaurus
Problem Details:
1. Using a dual monitor set-up I tried to map the tablet input to the Osu window but it results in two cursors. One will remain in-game whilst the other will wander off outside of the Osu area. Any clicks will be processed outside of Osu first.
2. If setting the tablet active area to the Osu monitor (but Osu is windowed mode) a similar bug occurs but now my Osu in-game cursor will be locked to the second half of the screen.

If it helps:
- 2 Monitors (16:10 and 16:9)
- Osu running at 1024x768 on the 16:10 monitor
- Cannot possibly map the tablet area to the Osu area.

Came about this error when trying to figure out how to play Osu between two devices with different display resolutions. Osu will only let me run 16:10 on my desktop and 16:9 on my laptop :(

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
Weirdly, the windows cursor doesn't appear when trying to screenshot.

osu! version: 20150203.7 (latest)
VeilStar
I'm certain this has been posted before, I can't seem to find the thread though.

Anyhow, while it seems that some people have this, I can't really suggest anything as I know that this is an issue that just happens.
(Well, unless you want me to tell you to just not use the 'map absolute raw input to osu! window' option...)

That aside...

Sneakysaurus wrote:

Came about this error when trying to figure out how to play Osu between two devices with different display resolutions. Osu will only let me run 16:10 on my desktop and 16:9 on my laptop :(
Why not just edit the 'osu!.<username>.cfg' file located in your osu! installation folder with wordpad,
and change the lines that define the resolution for windowed mode? (That should always work.)
Topic Starter
Sneakysaurus

VeilStar wrote:

I'm certain this has been posted before, I can't seem to find the thread though.

Anyhow, while it seems that some people have this, I can't really suggest anything as I know that this is an issue that just happens.
(Well, unless you want me to tell you to just not use the 'map absolute raw input to osu! window' option...)

That aside...

Sneakysaurus wrote:

Why not just edit the 'osu!.<username>.cfg' file located in your osu! installation folder with wordpad,
and change the lines that define the resolution for windowed mode? (That should always work.)
Hmm. Might try that and scale the windows accordingly :)

A bit of a pity though because it's be great to more easily have the same settings wherever you want to play :D