forum

[Archived] This beatmap you're trying to submit isn't owned by you!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Azorae
I'm getting this error message when trying to upload a WIP to the beatmap database. As far as potential causes, I found an unfinished map of the same song and opened that one in the editor after doing some work on mine. The solution I've seen posted before is to change the text file such that it reads:

BeatmapID:0
BeatmapSetID:-1

but whenever I try to submit the map, it automatically changes the BeatmapSetID value to "1"

The map is entirely my own and I'm not sure why the issue persists. I've tried deleting the map and making a new one and copying the data into that, but I get the same problem.

Thanks for the help.
Nathanael
Exit the editor (or close the game client) when editing them or it will overwrite what you have edited.
And did you check the Creator field if your name is written there?
Topic Starter
Azorae
I closed the game out entirely and edited it, opened it back up and I'm still getting the same error message

Yes, my name is in the creator field as well.

Azorae wrote:

Potentially relevant, when I'm in my list of beatmaps in edit mode, there's a Katamari Damacy picture instead of a preview of the background image for the map. Strange, not sure what that means.

Azorae wrote:

Figured out a workaround: Moved the beatmap files to a different directory and deleted the map in the editor. Made a new map with the same .mp3, added a dummy note and uploaded that map to the database. Closed osu!, went to the new dummy map's files and replaced everything from Difficulty onwards in the text file with the original data, then updated the beatmap on the database.

Hopefully that solution works for anyone else having this issue who may end up googling the error message in the far future and finding this thread.
Lanturn
More or less the old folder started with 1 or 01 or something. making it think the song was associated with https://osu.ppy.sh/s/1 as submitted maps get named in this sense.
TheVileOne
^ I don't recommend having folders that start with numbers.