forum

[Archived] Mouse Vibrates in OSU!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nekonected
Problem Details:
The mouse cursor vibrates in as well the OSU! Menu as in-game.
Can't say anything more, it worked fine a couple hours ago, but not anymore. How can i solve this :(? Plz!

osu! version: 20150203.7 (latest)
:( :?
Xanaehla
What is your mouse sensitivity?
Topic Starter
Nekonected
Full sensitivity 6.0x, Same problem at 5.0, 4.0, 3.0 , 2.0 And even 1.0
Topic Starter
Nekonected
I have 776 Beatmaps,
Idk if thats a problem or not ;s
Xanaehla
Does your cursor also vibrates here? the amount of beatmaps that you have doesn't cause any of your problem
Topic Starter
Nekonected
My cursor only vibrates in OSU!
everything else im doing with the mouse is smootly :(
VeilStar
Does "Raw Input" make a difference in the vibrating?
Also do you use a tablet or a mouse?
If a mouse have you tried lowering the polling rate? If a tablet set your sensitivity to 1.0 and try downgrading drivers?
Are you on DirectX? (If not switch to it.)
Can't say much more, this shouldn't happen, ever.
Topic Starter
Nekonected

VeilStar wrote:

Does "Raw Input" make a difference in the vibrating?
Also do you use a tablet or a mouse?
If a mouse have you tried lowering the polling rate? If a tablet set your sensitivity to 1.0 and try downgrading drivers?
Are you on DirectX? (If not switch to it.)
Can't say much more, this shouldn't happen, ever.
Raw input: No diffrence
Mouse
How do i chance polling rate?
DirectX Enabled
VeilStar

KitoStreaks wrote:

How do i chance polling rate?
Well, in your mouse software, if applicable. If you don't have that, then don't mind it.

Either way something (I'm clueless as to what) must have changed on your system's end that causes this.
There were no updated to osu!'s stable release stream, and no changes have been made to cursor-handling in some time.

Could you try closing down all processes that aren't required for your PC to operate properly trough the task manager and try again?
If it's something outside of osu!/your periphials causing this, then this would get rid of the issue. If it does then it's onto finding what causes it.

If not then I'm absolutely clueless, really.
RvNovae
maybe you are using the wrong renderer?
Topic Starter
Nekonected
nothing is working... even reinstalled osu.. :'( it worked fine before but not anymore..
SadisticSenpai
Were you trying reinstalling tablet drivers?

Maybe turn on "OS TabletPC support", i dont know if it will work though.
Bara-
He uses mouse
Mess around with raw input and sensitivity, and hope something fixes it
Topic Starter
Nekonected
Replay of the problem: http://www.mediafire.com/download/rk55n ... _Reija_Lee)_[Normal]_(2015-03-05)_Osu.osr

u can see it the best on 0.5 Speed
Topic Starter
Nekonected
the map is shockone - home
VeilStar

KitoStreaks wrote:

Replay of the problem: http://www.mediafire.com/download/rk55n ... _Reija_Lee)_[Normal]_(2015-03-05)_Osu.osr

u can see it the best on 0.5 Speed
In your windows settings, set the cursor speed to the 6th tick (from the left to the right), and disable the 'enhance pointer precision' checkbox.
Then in osu! try both with raw input at 1.00x sensitivity and without raw input. And see if it still jitters then.

What this looks like to me is extremely heavy sensitivity upscaling and a mouse with a 'not great' sensor and low polling rate.

Let me explain...
Your sensor tracks movement across a surface and sends that information to your PC, which your PC then processes into cursor movement.
The amount of times this happens per second is called the 'polling rate'. The higher the polling rate the smoother and more accurate the tracking is.
Now what I think is happening here is a few things;
1. The mouse sensor isn't the greatest, meaning that the tracking isn't extremely accuracy.
2. The polling rate is rather low.
3. The sensitivity is HEAVILY upscaled in windows/osu/whatever other software.
These things combined can most definitely lead to something like this in extreme cases.

If it wasn't like this before on the same settings then I assume your mouse is pretty much on it's last leg.
The only thing I can suggest is using a much lower sensitivity and making sure there's no nonsensical upscaling going on.