forum

[added] Subscribe to a mapper

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +4,121
Topic Starter
flan
an option, maybe in the osu! direct panel which automaticly downloads maps once they become ranked from your favourite mappers, perhaps with an added extra option of downloading ranked backlog maps which were created before you subscribed.

if not on the osu! direct panel then there could be a box on everyones homepage announcing new maps from your subscriptions like what happens now on youtube and such :lol:
Nexus Reaper
Oooh, now there's an idea. Saves the hassle of going to the mapper's page ever so often to check the latest beatmap. Much more convenient if it's on the front page no less. I look forward to seeing a feature like this in the future... if it's possible. :)
anonymous_old
Mapper RSS feed + osu! RSS downloader? Kinky.
Card N'FoRcE
I think a mapper subscription would be awesomely useful :)

About the

strager wrote:

osu! RSS downloader
It would be great as another feature for osu! subscription :D
NotShinta
I keep meaning to suggest this but never do. Support.
Zekira
If this gets implemented I bet DJPop's going to get 10000+ subscribers after an hour...

...yes that includes me.

Support btw.
Sakura
Support, i like the idea, i also would like to add that the front page has a tab of "latest ranked from your subscriptions" like sort of what youtube does.

Also i was wondering if maybe ppl that favorite one of your maps or subscribe to you would add something to mapper's ranking score or something
Zekira
Also i was wondering if maybe ppl that favorite one of your maps or subscribe to you would add something to mapper's ranking score or something
Oh god no, DJPop would get a boost of more than 80 points
Larto
I like this idea. I also agree with the mapper ranking boost, even though beating DJPop would then become an impossiblity lol
Sakura
it does make sense tho, the more ppl that like your maps should boost your mapper score
0_o

Sakura301 wrote:

it does make sense tho, the more ppl that like your maps should boost your mapper score
# of favourites is usually more proportional to song popularity than map quality. I could regurgitate a map to a touhou song and I can pretty much guarantee it'll get more favourites than any of my rock/pop maps.

EDIT: Derekku said it before I did :P
So I don't think favourites should effect mapper rating. Number of subscriptions might work better since it rates the mapper instead of the maps themselves, but I'm still a bit wary that mappers who map the popular songs would get an advantage.
Derekku

0_o wrote:

Sakura301 wrote:

# of favourites is usually more proportional to song popularity than map quality. I could regurgitate a map to a touhou song and I can pretty much guarantee it'll get more favourites than any of my rock/pop maps.
And it would be a popularity contest with something such as this as well. "this guy maps touhou songs *subscribe*" "oooh ooh k-on :3" etc. etc. Although mapper score is already broken due to the ranking system being broken, another broken variable (i.e., favoriting/subscribing) shouldn't be added.

However, just being able to subscribe in general should be harmless enough. :P
Gabi

Derekku Chan wrote:

And it would be a popularity contest with something such as this as well. P
as if it isn't already kind of ;P

anyways, kind of cool to be able to subscribe to a mapper, but DEFINITLY no point boost for it. Don't really feel like going into a discussion about it, it should be clear already tbh <_<
Zekira
it should be clear already tbh

[/explanation]
Sakura

Zekira wrote:

it should be clear already tbh

[/explanation]
QFT
ouranhshc
wow, we surely have some rude people on osu!
Mashley
+support
I wanna fight over subscribers
Shohei Ohtani
Would this subscription thing only be for when maps are newly ranked, or could you see things such as recently upoaded maps, or recently graved maps? ~.
Ekaru
Wasn't this suggested a long, long, long time ago? *shrugs* That was so long ago that it probably doesn't matter.

I support this. I'd also like to see how many subscribers I have, even though I'll probably only have like 3. ;P I'd for sure subscribe to Larto/ASH/etc. though so I wouldn't go, "huh? Larto got a map ranked?" 5 months after it happened because nobody told me and then it turns out to be yet another awesome map.
awp
Let it boost mapper ratings, or take on a different chart. Either way you can't do any more damage to the mapper ratings than what has already been done, so there's no harm in another little ego boost.

The fundamental idea's good, though.
show more