forum

[duplicate] The ability to download replays as .MP4 or .AVI

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +56
Topic Starter
the_g_man254
I get the feeling this will be rejected due to the matter of fact this would probably be quite difficult to implement in a efficient way.

Though I would like this feature so you could show friends your replays without them having to download osu! or having to record the song with recording software this is partly just for easiness but I doubt this will be implemented.
Flanster
You can use the osu!record service.
Miterosan
I think it is a nice idea and it would fit well with the intrgrated twitch reqest
Mayyro

LoliFlan wrote:

The problem with osu!record is that you have to constantly wait for someone to be finished uploading, and the process takes an unnecessarily long amount of time.
Bara-
Having to download a mp4/flv replay takes even more time
Don't even start about the amount of strain it gives to the servers
troke

LoliFlan wrote:

problem :
- must wait other people
i must have that source code, if i have that source code i will throw in my server, and private only
IppE
Making something like that would be way too much effort to get something you can already do with video recording software.

Of course it would be possible to do something like the demo system in source engine where you have the option of outputting every frame of the saved demo as a image for offline encoding (or just outputting the frames to stdout for some encoder to encode on the fly), but seeing as it's essentially the same as recording a video with fraps I see no point in implementing such a thing.
Voxnola

IppE wrote:

Making something like that would be way too much effort to get something you can already do with video recording software.

Of course it would be possible to do something like the demo system in source engine where you have the option of outputting every frame of the saved demo as a image for offline encoding (or just outputting the frames to stdout for some encoder to encode on the fly), but seeing as it's essentially the same as recording a video with fraps I see no point in implementing such a thing.
The problem with recording software is that some people on osu have crap comps so they'll just be sitting there at 2fps wondering if fraps is gonna give 'em the blue screen of death...

I think a cool way to implement this is to have some sort of renderer..... Meaning that you could save an osr and then be able to play/render it has an mp4 or an avi... tbh I don't think it would take as much work to implement as people might think, but this idea could be hard to understand in itself... I thought of this idea because I used to play this old psp game called Dissidia and people could export replays as AVIs by rendering an already saved replay as a video file. (It would render each frame of the replay and then it would smack audio on it) It's how people posted videos of this game 5-6 years ago. (HDD-pertinent ofc ._.) ...
I'm not sure how well I explained this but I swear it's not a terrible idea (I hope)
Oinari-sama
Save replay in other formats has been requested and denied a few times in the past. osu!record is your best bet if you just wanna show a non-player friend a replay.

I don't think peppy will invest his own time adding this when a good 3rd party service is already running. Maybe you can try convincing him to add additional server/mirrors if there's enough demand for osu!record?

Alternatively, check out opsu. Try asking for replay support would be equally cool imo, as this could (?) be reworked to embed on websites.
Pickseler
osu!record discontinued the service so whats next???