forum

[resolved] Issues specific to "ce45" experimental branch.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
peppy
Things specific to ce45 should be reported here. Please double and triple-check to make sure the issues you are seeing are ONLY on ce45, and not cutting-edge. If they exist on cutting-edge too, please report in the respective thread.

Known issues:
  1. Full screen not available. fixed (use borderless mode)
  2. Unlimited FPS may freeze game for some users. fixed
  3. Window starts in weird places. fixed
Need testers for (tell us if you are experiencing these issues):
  1. Texture corruption.
If you are having serious issues and need to recover your game, please hold shift during startup and change your release stream.
YaLTeR
It broke :( http://a.pomf.se/hmvhbi.mp4
This is exactly what I see, I can blindly navigate and exit the game through Escape-1.
I remember it happening before on OpenGL, but it doesn't happen on Cutting Edge right now, only on CE45.
Espionage724
Does the ce45 branch only use OpenGL and not have a D3D fallback mode?

Also, on Linux with Wine (32-bit prefix; .NET 4.5 and some other stuff), I get a stack overflow error, but I will try a fresh prefix just to be sure. Does osu! have a strict requirement of .NET 4.5? And does the OS requirement change at all (I heard someone in the other thread state 4.5 didn't work on XP; but it seems Wine doesn't care and allows the install)?
MillhioreF
XNA has been completely removed from ce45, and DirectX has gone with it.
YaLTeR

MillhioreF wrote:

XNA has been completely removed from ce45, and DirectX has gone with it.
Yeah, you can still put DirectX with Shift-starting osu!, but it just makes a black square window and nothing happens.
Topic Starter
peppy

YaLTeR wrote:

This is exactly what I see, I can blindly navigate and exit the game through Escape-1.
I remember it happening before on OpenGL, but it doesn't happen on Cutting Edge right now, only on CE45.
I can replicate this one. You can fix it by changing your resolution (hold shift while osu! is starting) to something windowed for now.
YaLTeR

peppy wrote:

YaLTeR wrote:

I can replicate this one. You can fix it by changing your resolution (hold shift while osu! is starting) to something windowed for now.
Not quite so: http://a.pomf.se/owyexk.mp4
LiquidPL
Some images are replaced by squares during gameplay, but only on the second and later plays after launching the game (on the first one everything seems good).

Some screens to demonstrate:

Espionage724
Can't seem to get it started in Wine.

Fresh 32-bit prefix with winetricks dotnet45 (which installed .NET 2, 2SP1, 3, 3.5, 4.0, and 4.5). Most of the time it doesn't leave osu! updater (just hangs), and when it does, it's follwed by some stop error (I know that isn't too helpful; but here's a backtrace from Wine debugger when the stop happened).

Edit: Holding shift at startup also leads to the same result, although apparently a menu is supposed to appear? I don't see a menu appear or anything; here's another backtrace.

The FrameSync thing mentioned below also doesn't do anything in this scenario.
Flanster

peppy wrote:

YaLTeR wrote:

I got the same problem, changed the resolution to windowed.
But when you try to take a screenshot with Shift+F12, you can see it fine.

peppy wrote:

hold shift during startup and change your release stream.
I don't see that on the window though, changed it manually via osu!.cfg
LiquidPL

peppy wrote:

YaLTeR wrote:

I noticed that (at least) in my case this bug happens if i set frame limiter to anything but 60 fps.
YaLTeR

LiquidPL wrote:

I noticed that (at least) in my case this bug happens if i set frame limiter to anything but 60 fps.
Tried changing the frame limiter from the Shift-menu, neither of the values works and whenever I change it to either of the 60 FPS settings, it goes back to the previous setting that I had.
LiquidPL

YaLTeR wrote:

LiquidPL wrote:

Tried changing the frame limiter from the Shift-menu, neither of the values works and whenever I change it to either of the 60 FPS settings, it goes back to the previous setting that I had.
You need to edit your osu!.<nickname>.cfg file, exactly those two values:

FrameSync = Limit60
FrameSyncGl = VSync
YaLTeR

LiquidPL wrote:

You need to edit your osu!.<nickname>.cfg file, exactly those two values:

FrameSync = Limit60
FrameSyncGl = VSync
Yep, that makes the game launch properly. I wonder why it worked the first one or two times though.
Flanster
Nice fix, worked here aswell. Forgot about the 60fps.
- Marco -
after i switched from cuttingedge to ce45 it was fullscreen, i tried changing resolution but the screen was totally black and i had to close the process and reopen osu! to go back in windowed and with the resolution i wanted
-makoto yuki
i found some problem on this build for low end PC's

First : when i try to changing fps from 60 to anything it was automatically restart and get localization update "they said" after it you can't start this build anymore because they stuck on wellcome screen but the sound still running correctly

Second : sometime on main menu selection song,the background song always change to white colour after 45 second to replicate it go to selection song menu wait until 45 second or more then change the song
DoomedByFire
When I open Osu it just stays frozen when its in the foreground but when its in the background it doesn't freeze up. I don't have any recording software to show this but if there are any recommendations for one that would be nice.

Edit: I fixed it. I just had some sort of virus or something after installing a stupid desktop theme. Had to reset the computer though... Now I have to redownload EVERYTHING cause I never back anything up. :cry:
- Marco -
If i press "Open Beatmap Folder" inside the editor it does nothing :(
Arras
The game stutters like crazy. It's noticeable in standard, very noticeable in Taiko and it makes mania near unplayable at faster speeds. That seems to be a general effect of using OpenGL though, not just this branch.

Edit: After some more testing, it seems like directX with the same visual settings (borderless fullscreen, 60fps vsync) has no stuttering whatsoever, opengl has quite a bit of stuttering, and ce45 has more stuttering than regular ce with opengl. Not really sure about the last one though, that might be confirmation bias or something.

Like others, it doesn't even work on anything except 60 with VSync, and playing one song replaces almost all textures with nice white squares. Changing to 60 in recovery mode (hold shift) did not work, I actually had to edit the cfg file manually.
show more