forum

They Might Be Giants - I'm Impressed

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Dranoel
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sunday, May 04, 2008 at 5:25:35 PM

Artist: They Might Be Giants
Title: I'm Impressed
BPM: 199.98
Filesize: 9642kb
Play Time: 02:31
Difficulties Available:
  1. Normal (4.23 stars, 209 notes)
  2. Hard (4.56 stars, 245 notes)
  3. Insane (4.85 stars, 290 notes)
Download: They Might Be Giants - I'm Impressed
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
This is a song from TMBG's album The Else. The video in the background is their official video for this song.
I incorporated the video into the choreography of the beats. Breaks go well with the events shown in the video, introducing a new conflict (except for the short one that goes with the video refocusing the picture). The beats move around trying to highlight for the player where the action in the video is, even mimicking some of the violence. I really like what I did with this one and I hope you do too.
Topic Starter
Dranoel
:cry: Does no one care to reply or even look at my beatmap?
P-Drogan
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Dranoel
Thanks! I did base my avatar on the video.

Anyway, I'll review the spacing. Is it mostly in insane mode where the spacing is wonky?
P-Drogan
i see you've only updated insane mode with some spacing improved.
I think the spacing on normal and hard needs to be revised as well.
Topic Starter
Dranoel
I did revisions in all of them. More of them just now.

I don't know if I'm missing any of the ones you see. For me the beatmap plays well so I probably only saw half of such problems. Could you help a bit with what's left?
P-Drogan
I confess, I admit, I'm Impressed!
Your spacing is a lot better now!
I've called a mod to check your song for further checking.

Edit: I've talked to the mod and he said that evrythings fine except for your spacing.
I have a suggestion, try revising it using the Beat distance snap at the bottom right of the editor (you can change its multiplier by holding alt and dragging the bar at the top right corner of the editor).

Maybe that would help.
Topic Starter
Dranoel
All difficulties were redone with Beat Distance Snap in consideration.
P-Drogan

Dranoel wrote:

All difficulties were redone with Beat Distance Snap in consideration.
Perfect, all of your difficulties dont have spacing problems anymore!
Also, nice colour scheme you got there. A colour scheme fit for a king! :D

all i can say is:
I'm Impre~ssed!
Rolled
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Topic Starter
Dranoel
Fixed both spacing problems in the beginning. I kept the circles the same size in insane as they were.
Rolled
Well done. Bubbled.
Saturos
I'm impressed.

Grats on your first ranked beatmap.
Topic Starter
Dranoel
I found that on hard mode a slide holds on for half a beat too long. This is residue from a glitch in osu editor that I found while editing the song properties, which caused all of my slides to change in length. I miss this one.

Should I upload the tweaked version or keep it as it is?

EDIT: Oh wait, Osu! won't even allow me to do that. Well, it's nothing critical, since the slide in question is right before a break.
Larto
FluffRat
I'm not sure why he didn't post it himself but a few months ago Rolled came up with a vastly improved timing, which I confirmed. Just noticed he hadn't posted in the thread, so I figured somebody should mention it.

200BPM @ 2875ms