forum

[Archived] Problem with .osz files

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Julian-senpai
Problem Details:
I can't import any songs from .osz files, but I seem to be able to get the songs to work if I unzip them and place them in the song folder.
I also can't add any skins to the game; it just tells me that they are corrupted...

I have already completed the following actions:
- Reinstalling osu (both in my D: and C: drive).
- Forcing folder permissions.
- Reinstalling after cleaning my computer with ccleaner.
- Pressing F5... loads of times

My computer is running Windows 8.1 in 64bits.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

Sorry for the terrible formatting...

osu! version: 20150109.1 (latest)

I am a bit pissed but I would really appreciate some help :D
Other than that, have a good day
Malte
A friend of mine had a similar problems times ago, turned out that her browser (Google Chrome) was corrupting the downloaded .osz files.
What if you try to download a file with another browser?
Flanster
Topic Starter
Julian-senpai
I tried downloading .osz files with Firefox, but I still get the same problem :| .
I also repaired the permissions; it made me confirm it with the admin prompt but that didn't seem to fix the issue either...
Any other ideas? :P
Nathanael
First, try to download at a beatmap mirror (e.g. bloodcat) and see if it is the same or not.
If it is, then your computer has a possibility of having a virus which is causing it.
Topic Starter
Julian-senpai

Nathanael wrote:

First, try to download at a beatmap mirror (e.g. bloodcat) and see if it is the same or not.
If it is, then your computer has a possibility of having a virus which is causing it.
I tried some beatmaps from bloodcat but the problem persists...
I'm fairly sure that this is not caused by a virus; I have scanned my computer with both an anti virus and a registry scanner.
This issue really sucks, but thanks for your support nonetheless :oops: