forum

Kaori Oda - Brilliant World (Luminous Arc opening)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Echo
This is the song from the opening sequence of the Nintendo DS game Luminous Arc.

I started it off as a normal beatmap, but it ended up too hard, so it's a hard map now. I think I went a bit overboard at the end, but it's totally doable without any mods on. You might need some practice though =P

edit: I've added in a Normal mode now.

Hope you like it!

Download: http://osu.ppy.sh/d/81 (Normal, Hard) [6.83MB]

(edit: added file size)
eyup
The crits first: timing was off - I've fixed it in the attached .osu file. One other issue with the map is the sliders at 2:55.08. One ends the same time another starts which is impossible to pull off so you should re-design that bit.

Other than that, magnificent effort on the beatmap! The life drain is pretty evil - a couple of mistakes means almost certain death. But yeah it should be passable with considerable practice. Level design is really good - I was very impressed! The breaks and spinners really feel like they belong where they are. And that star slider is a work of art :D

The background also suits the song well. I think Luminous Arc is one of the prettiest games on the DS. Just a shame the gameplay was so ho-hum. Although I guess it's not really fair that I'm comparing it to FF Tactics...

When you've fixed the slider issue, reupload the osz and I'm sure it will be put into rankings in the very near future - and turn out to be one of the most challenging maps too!

Gratz! eyup

Download: Kaori Oda - Brilliant World (Echo49) [Hard].osu
Topic Starter
Echo
Thanks for the correct BPM, I had to reset the timing at different places (which you probably noticed) =P As a side note, how do you usually find BPMs?

As for the sliders at ~2:55, I can get them almost every time I play, but I've changed it to match the 3/3/2 beat in the lyrics.

I've also moved most sliders so they all look a lot nicer now (ie. start/end match the prev/next beat) =D

Reuploading, should be done in 10 minutes from this post ;)
peppy
I haven't had time to play this one yet (I will tomorrow, promise), but regarding finding the bpm - did you have a read/watch the tutorials I wrote up in this thread? I explain in detail how I find BPM :).
Extor
The fixed one plays pretty nice. I only don't like when the start and the end of a slider are in the same place, because in the first playthrough it's mystery. Aside from that I like it. Nice background pic from Luminous Arc too!
Topic Starter
Echo

Extor wrote:

I only don't like when the start and the end of a slider are in the same place, because in the first playthrough it's mystery.
I realised that as well, but I like it this way better. Fixed some more sliders and changed the beats for the lyrics "wish on a star". Now that I play it, I think I used way too many spinners. But whatever. This is the final version for Hard mode. Now, onto Normal mode =D

@peppy: That exactly how I do it, but I just didn't manage to get it exact, I guess.

edit: I've finished Normal as well, so you can download it just the normal file here or redownload the entire thing from the first post.

Download: Kaori Oda - Brilliant World (Echo49) [Normal].osu
Extor
That's it! This one is ranked now!

*Officialixorz*