forum

[Archived] [beta & CE] Black screen but can hear the songs/effects

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Pawsu
Problem Details:
I was in editor, went to chrome, came back....and
black screen, it looks similar to it freezing, but if I move my cursor around, I can hear the effects and songs, but osu! itself is stuck...kind of

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20150129.9beta
Malte

CanadianPaws wrote:

Problem Details:
I was in editor, went to chrome, came back....and
black screen, it looks similar to it freezing, but if I move my cursor around, I can hear the effects and songs, but osu! itself is stuck...kind of

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20150129.9beta
Was osu! in fullscreen mode as you switched? Does it resolve after you restart osu?
If it happens in fullscreen mode again, switch to windowed mode or try to use the latest stable version.
Topic Starter
Pawsu

Malte-Sama wrote:

Was osu! in fullscreen mode as you switched? Does it resolve after you restart osu?
If it happens in fullscreen mode again, switch to windowed mode or try to use the latest stable version.
yeah it was, and it does resolve when I restart
and nah, I'mma continue using beta/cutting edge so I can find more bugs
Topic Starter
Pawsu
still happens
TheVileOne
I'm not going to be able to replicate this behavior from the details provided.
Topic Starter
Pawsu

TheVileOne wrote:

I'm not going to be able to replicate this behavior from the details provided.
hmm.. well, let me see if I can explain it better.
I went to get the mail (I walked) and I had left osu! open.
I came back in about 30 minutes? And clicked osu!, I could see the main screen and could hear the music, but still couldn't move my cursor around.

Basically, leave your osu! open for 30-40 minutes without going on it, and see what happens
Piine
May I ask have you alt-tabbed out of osu! when you was using Chrome? Did your computer went into sleep due to the inactive timer on said computer?
Topic Starter
Pawsu

Sulker wrote:

May I ask have you alt-tabbed out of osu! when you was using Chrome? Did your computer went into sleep due to the inactive timer on said computer?
Yea, I HAVE done it, but not recently
And uhh, yeah I guess, never set a timer, it just goes off on it's own when not being used
[Kanzaki Ranko]

CanadianPaws wrote:

Sulker wrote:

Yea, I HAVE done it, but not recently
And uhh, yeah I guess, never set a timer, it just goes off on it's own when not being used
Windows's sleep mode breaks DirectX applications since always.
Try turning off the sleep timeout and check if in this period of time you'll get the same error, if you don't, it's isolated to the sleep mode (and, as far as I'm concerned, the devs can't do anything about it).
Topic Starter
Pawsu

Flameu wrote:

Windows's sleep mode breaks DirectX applications since always.
Try turning off the sleep timeout and check if in this period of time you'll get the same error, if you don't, it's isolated to the sleep mode (and, as far as I'm concerned, the devs can't do anything about it).
wait, I have NEVER touched the sleeptimer thingy, so would windows default-ly put a timer?