forum

[Archived] Tablet lag

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Mvsk
Any of you have tips for tablet cursor lag? ( Move in any direction fast, reticle follows behind by about half a second usually during songs 4 star and above with lots of fast hit notes and jumps.)
(Huion 420, wired connection, high speed usb port, pen using a triple a battery)

Already disabled the pen tip click function and disabled the side buttons as well.
Also, mouse works fine and is very responsive so it has to be something with the tablet settings or pen..
Play area set to 1.15 x 1.15 in the center ( no, not looking to use the full area yet.)

If you need other specs or details let me know. It has been exposed to extreme cold (mail. Estimated around -20 to -25 degrees Celsius) unsure to what degree the temperature would have impacted the electronics in this device.

-------
SomeLoli
When one thread isnt enough, make two 8-)
Saphirshroom
- Is the cursor half a second behind during the whole jump duration?
- Is it the graphics that are behind or the whole thing, that is, when you click while it's lagging, where is the click registered at?
- Does it also happen outside of osu?
- Does it happen on Fullscreen/Windowed. What is your osu res?
- Have you tried another driver?
- Have you tried a different tablet area?
- Are you holding the pen correctly? If you're overhovering your cursor will lag behind too.
- Half a second is A LOT, are you sure it's that much?
drum drum
Moving Gameplay & Rankings » Technical Support
Topic Starter
Mvsk

Saphirshroom wrote:

- Is the cursor half a second behind during the whole jump duration?
- Is it the graphics that are behind or the whole thing, that is, when you click while it's lagging, where is the click registered at?
- Does it also happen outside of osu?
- Does it happen on Fullscreen/Windowed. What is your osu res?
- Have you tried another driver?
- Have you tried a different tablet area?
- Are you holding the pen correctly? If you're overhovering your cursor will lag behind too.
- Half a second is A LOT, are you sure it's that much?
-Half a second was a rough estimate but i think it is between 200ms and 500ms (jumps, small fast triangle patterns, etc)
-The clicks if on target seem to hit however it's hard to tell as it lags behind so hitting them without proper vision of the reticle on the target
-Both full screen and windowed mode.
-1080p
-Have not tried another driver yet but thanks for the suggestion :) will do so tonight
-I will also try a different tablet area and see if that changes anything
-I made sure to stabilize the tablet making it level, and i hover in a way that the pen tip frequently skims the surface slightly ( For now to train the muscle memory in my left hand on where the hover should roughly be at all times)
-half a second was a rough estimate but it could be around 1/3rd of a second or 1/4th. It's enough to get confused and have the gameplay completely thrown off... even if the notes were hit invisibly / with the lag watching it trail behind after the combo, throws off the aim on the next hit

Thanks for the detailed reply

Currently using Airman ga taosenai (Sound Holic Ver) Hard to test all this out

https://osu.ppy.sh/b/340104&m=0
Topic Starter
Mvsk
*Update*

Disabling
[ ] Support Tablet PC Feature

Has made it as responsive as the mouse next to no delay though the movement is a little different less smooth and has effected the spinners in a weird way but can probably work with it :)
drum drum
Resolved?