forum

[Archived] Mania note sprites glitch in marathon maps

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
lemonguy
Problem Details:
This is much like the problem that I had brought up before and was resolved, except it wasn't completely resolved. Before the first fix, the note sprites would load in late during almost any marathon map with 7000+ notes. Now, the note sprites are fine until you get about 6000 to 7000 notes through a song, and then the exact same glitch begins to happen.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
This video is the one I posted for the 1st time the glitch happened, so it isn't a completely accurate representation of the current glitch, but this is basically what will happen later into songs that have 7000+ notes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twgulogFtnU

osu! version: 20150109.1 (latest)
Flanster
Can't replicate this on same stable client version. I got other maps with over 8000 notes but doesn't happen, even on the map you showed.
Is this happening always or on rare occasions?
smoogipoo
Can you try on the latest cutting edge?
Flanster

smoogipooo wrote:

Can you try on the latest cutting edge?
I did, still worked fine.
Topic Starter
lemonguy
Tried it on latest cutting edge and there wasn't a difference. Also tried adjusting between 120 fps and unlimited (that was just me testing to see if that could have any effect), and no difference.

I'm sure the hardware has some sort of effect, as there are some players who have the glitch, and others who don't.
Topic Starter
lemonguy
From what I've heard, everyone gets the glitch to some extent, but some people get the glitch only on really high note count maps, while others will get it with maps as low as 7K notes.

EDIT: Tried some marathon maps today, didn't get the glitch. Heard the same thing from others. I believe that it is fixed now, and I will update this if I notice any problems.