forum

[Archived] Constant beatmapping crashes

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Boppin
Problem Details:
Every 5-10 minutes or so while I'm trying to make a beatmap, I constantly crash. I tried restarting osu countless times and removing it from process trees and stuff like that but It just keeps happening over and over again and all my work keeps getting erased (probably 3rd time already LOL). I checked all the updates with all that good stuff like graphics card, and those microsoft programs. Like, it still runs in the background, it's just completely frozen and I can't click or do anything.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20150109.1 (latest)
- Marco -
Enable "Disable undo states" ?

Topic Starter
Boppin
No, that still doesn't work, it just keeps crashing anyways :(
VeilStar
What kind of crash? Got an error log or a screenshot? More details about the crash itself would be useful.
Topic Starter
Boppin

VeilStar wrote:

What kind of crash? Got an error log or a screenshot? More details about the crash itself would be useful.
I don't really know how to screenshot it since it just freezes and goes black screen, it doesn't give an error log either. I'm just beatmapping and then it randomly crashes
Yuii-
This happens to you in cuttingedge and in Normal version?

Fullscreen or Windowed?

It happens on the same map? Or with every single one?
VeilStar

Serizo wrote:

I don't really know how to screenshot it since it just freezes and goes black screen, it doesn't give an error log either. I'm just beatmapping and then it randomly crashes
If you're on OpenGL see if it does the same using DirectX as renderer. Or vice versa.
Topic Starter
Boppin

Yuii- wrote:

This happens to you in cuttingedge and in Normal version?

Fullscreen or Windowed?

It happens on the same map? Or with every single one?

Both versions

Windowed

And I'm not sure because this is randomly done, but this mostly has been happening in the same map.
TheVileOne
Is it a mania map?
Topic Starter
Boppin

TheVileOne wrote:

Is it a mania map?
No, it's standard
Topic Starter
Boppin

VeilStar wrote:

Serizo wrote:

If you're on OpenGL see if it does the same using DirectX as renderer. Or vice versa.
I tried this, it hasn't crashed yet but I feel like im getting lucky cause these crashes are random. I'll see if this worked as I mapped more.

EDIT: Yeah, I think it most likely fixed the crashes, but tons of graphical issues such as circles boxed in by a white square or flickering pictures
Topic Starter
Boppin
Is there still no way to fix this?? OpenGL doesn't crash but I can't map at all with this and DirectX just crashes