forum

Help !

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
CutePinkCandy
I tried to change my CtB character today with the Rolled topic, but I can't do it ! Can someone make a video for me please ? :o
I'll give you the best tip:
go in your skin folder, delete (if you have) "fruit-catcher-fail.png, fruit-catcher-idle.png, fruit-catcher-kiai.png", name your catcher image as "fruit-ryuuta.png", put that in your skin folder, and there you go.
iiyo
1. First open up your start menu and go to "computer"
2. Go to your C: Drive and Find the folder called program files x86 or program files depanding on your OS is 64 or 32 bit.
3. Find your osu! folder it should just be called osu, you can also search for it in the top right.
4. Go into your osu! folder and find your skin folder and go into it and find the skin you use.
5. Find your "fruit ryuuta skin" and copy and paste 3 of them and rename all of them to as seen in this picture.

As for future advice do not post help! threads in forums but instead go to here 5
It's really unnecessary to use the "fruit-catcher" if you're using the same image three times, since you can just go for one single "fruit-ryuuta.png".
Katy-xD

119410501 wrote:

It's really unnecessary to use the "fruit-catcher" if you're using the same image three times, since you can just go for one single "fruit-ryuuta.png".
I don't think this works for skins v2.4+

It didn't for me, when I upgraded from 2.0, my catcher "fruit-ryuuta.png" did not load, and I was met with the actual ryuuta, but I may be wrong.

Katy-xD wrote:

119410501 wrote:

I don't think this works for skins v2.4+

It didn't for me, when I upgraded from 2.0, my catcher "fruit-ryuuta.png" did not load, and I was met with the actual ryuuta, but I may be wrong.
From version 1.0 to 2.2 it works indeed.
I'm using a skin no version specified and it works.
iiyo
Same goes for me but as soon as I changed my ryuuta it would change to the default one.
Katy-xD
@119410501

I think it automatically sets Version to latest.

@ Storm-

check skin.ini for:

Version: 2.4 (or latest)
Katy-xD
I think the answer to this would just be to:

1- Check Skin for skin-able elements:
All elements in .PNG format.

Catcher
"fruit-catcher-idle"
"fruit-catcher-fail"
"fruit-catcher-kiai"

Fruits
"fruit-apple"
"fruit-grapes"
"fruit-orange"
"fruit-pear"
"fruit-bananas"

Overlays
"fruit-apple-overlay"
"fruit-grapes-overlay"
"fruit-orange-overlay"
"fruit-pear-overlay"
"fruit-bananas-overlay"

2- Check skin.ini
Should look something like:

[General]
Name: CTB Skin
Author: You
Version: latest

[Colours]
Combo1: 255,255,255

[CatchTheBeat]
HyperDash: 255,0,0
HyperDashAfterImage: 255,0,0
HyperDashFruit: 255,0,0

If your version is set to 2.2 (or below), use "fruit-ryuuta.png" instead of "fruit-catcher..."

I believe the hitbox of the catcher is 250px wide with a centred 230px hitbox.

Thread complete?
Topic Starter
CutePinkCandy
Sorry for the late answer, so I have to download a skin to change my CTB character ? But I just want to change the character, not the whole skin...

CutePinkCandy wrote:

Sorry for the late answer, so I have to download a skin to change my CTB character ? But I just want to change the character, not the whole skin...
Sadly, you have to, default skin has that character.
Katy-xD

CutePinkCandy wrote:

Nope, if you don't have skinnable elements in the skin, then it will use the default ones.

1. Go to \osu!\Skins
2. Create new folder with some name eg. "CTB Skin"
3. Copy the skin.ini as used in my previous post
4. Copy the catcher which you want to use, and make sure its copied three times and called "fruit-catcher-idle", "fruit-catcher-fail" and "fruit-catcher-kiai"
^ This is for a single sprite catcher, pretty much you can use up to 3, but I'd recommend just one anyway
5. Restart osu, and go to options>skins, and choose the skin. (It's name will be the same as what is in skin.ini not the folder name)

Any more questions?
Topic Starter
CutePinkCandy
It should be stupid but... What is a .ini ? And I tried to put a CtB character as a .png but it makes an error saying that I need an .ini. So... How do we create an .ini :? . And ! I can't find the fruit-ryuuta in the skins folders...
WujekGrzyb
.ini is the last 4 characters of skin configuration file name. Full file name should be "skin.ini" which you open with any text editor (for example notepad) and you can specify skins name, creator, and few settings such as combo coros, cursor rotating etc.
More info in wiki https://osu.ppy.sh/wiki/Skin.ini and forum t/51694
claystar9

Fantasy wrote:

1. First open up your start menu and go to "computer"
2. Go to your C: Drive and Find the folder called program files x86 or program files depanding on your OS is 64 or 32 bit.
3. Find your osu! folder it should just be called osu, you can also search for it in the top right.
4. Go into your osu! folder and find your skin folder and go into it and find the skin you use.
5. Find your "fruit ryuuta skin" and copy and paste 3 of them and rename all of them to as seen in this picture.

As for future advice do not post help! threads in forums but instead go to here 5
Super helpful! Thanks!
autofanboy
woah