forum

DJ Pippi [Game Mode Concept]

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +12
Topic Starter
Rokodo
Discuss.

rulingvenus
oh cool! I highly recommend it! We should have this on osu
blissfulyoshi
Not a bad idea.
I really don't like sliders being on a separate bar. Songs that use really fast rapid spiders, would force you to basically use only that key for certain sections, so that would be annoying and sort of boring. (Sadly, I can't think of an alternative at this moment)

Also, please add a track for normal hitsounds.

I assume that the mods would work like they do in taiko?
Azure_Kite

blissfulyoshi wrote:

Songs that use really fast rapid sliders, would force you to basically use only that key for certain sections, so that would be annoying and sort of boring. (Sadly, I can't think of an alternative at this moment)
Maybe have it so that multiple rapid sliders required an alternation between keys? (v,b,v,b,v---) for example. I could imagine this working for songs like http://osu.ppy.sh/s/7125.
TKiller
how are you supposed to spam 1/4 hitnormals with 1 button? I actually thought of some similiar ideas, mostly because I can't read taiko right to left movement good (and don't want to) and always wanted osu! to have some beatmania-like playmode. This concept looks nice but I'm pretty sure it won't play well.
LuigiHann
I mean it's cool that you drew a picture and all, but this is pretty much the same as the other thousand times that a bemani/guitar her/ddr mode has been suggested
Topic Starter
Rokodo

blissfulyoshi wrote:

Also, please add a track for normal hitsounds.
There is one.

Maybe it would be better to have 2 tracks for normal hits, and 2 for clap OR whistle. So 5 tracks total.
peppy
An interesting concept for the default osu!bemani mode, which would give it a little originality. Moving to feature requests.
UtsukimiJerry
what happens when the mode is played using hard rock, hidden etc?

the concept is pretty intresting to me
Aoitenshi

Crimson_SoulZ wrote:

what happens when the mode is played using hard rock, hidden etc?

the concept is pretty intresting to me
Maybe:
Hard Rock : Faster Note
Easy : Vice Versa ^
NoFail & SuddenDeath : You know what is this.
Half Time & Double Time : ^
Hidden : Note disappear after 3/4 spin
Flashlight : Now what? Dun have any Idea

Wow, It's rare to have another game concept topic and even moved by peppy. Looks interesting to me. Support!
-David
a
Zekira
Then again there should be a way to change the key config right?
Topic Starter
Rokodo
The key config I laid out would just be default, you should be able to change the bindings as for standard and taiko.

Hardrock - my idea is a normal play = LP sized record and HR play = 78 RPM record.
-David
a
adam2046
I'm not really a fan of it.
I think it would just make it a bit more confusing to play, although I can't say for sure.
Also the style isn't really shouting out osu! to me.
mm201
I'd mirror the record since you're playing with your left hand.

I think it makes more sense to pick the note's column based on where the hit object is located with respect to the previous one. (ie. Higher/further right means it appears in the next column to the right. Jumps would cause the note to be placed in a further column.)

Hitsounds could be transformed into concurrent notes, eg. Finish means two adjacent columns, Clap means two columns with a gap between, ...

Edit: I would be happy to write this mode, peppy. I have lots of small detailed ideas like this.
LuigiHann

MetalMario201 wrote:

I think it makes more sense to pick the note's column based on where the hit object is located with respect to the previous one. (ie. Higher/further right means it appears in the next column to the right. Jumps would cause the note to be placed in a further column.)
That's a bit interesting. I have always thought that the bemani mode should make use of the y-coordinates of objects, since CtB uses the x-coordinates. For variety, and also because a lot of mappers consciously or subconsciously match height to pitch to some extent.

I would like to see how your adjacency-based idea works out though.
Mashley
Oooh, I like it. Support! :D
TKiller
I love the axis idea, I already can see the osu!bemani 8-key game mode working like that, with holdnotes and etc.

But anyway, talking about rokodo's idea, even if notes will appear based on position basis, I still don't get how are you supposed to spam 1/4 streams/stacks like this. Of course it can use an 8 keys set, 2 keys for each line, but this makes problems with layout (2 rows with 4 keys = intuitive but not comfortable, 8 keys in 1 line = comfortable but less intuitive)

My thoughts on this matter are like this: when map gets to the place where notes don't change their placement (or the needed axis) notes begin to fall
a) in one of these patterns, repeating one after each other (one pattern per stream): ZXCVZXCV/ZCXVZCXV/XCZVXCZV/probably more, but I think 3-4 will be enough (I prefer this option)
b) in the column that they're supposed to fall in and to the next/previous one, so player would have to spam 2 buttons like in osu!standart

Now why I don't like this concept:
circle movements are harder to read than linear
4 columns are too little number if use note axis concept
4 is fine for hitsounds but then this turns out like wierd Taiko overhaul

Srsly, if someone was willing to code an 8 (or at least 6) keys osu!bemani like that above, I'd be so grateful that included that person in my last will D:
Nazo_old
I support this wholeheartedly. >3<

(I'm surprised this wasn't denied. oAo)
+1
show more