forum

Omega - MAX 300

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Duoprism
This beatmap was submitted using in-game submission on Sunday, 4 May 2008 at 10:00:16 PM

Artist: Omega
Title: MAX 300
BPM: 300
Filesize: 1419kb
Play Time: 01:24
Difficulties Available:
  1. Light (0.64 stars, 29 notes)
  2. Standard (2.58 stars, 55 notes)
  3. Heavy (4.65 stars, 140 notes)
  4. Oni (5 stars, 345 notes)
Download: Omega - MAX 300
Information: Scores/Beatmap Listing
---------------
Beatmap #3.

This is one of the more well known DDR songs, among the DDR collection what I would consider Oni (Challenge) level songs. Because of this, the difficulty labels follow the DDR difficulty names.

For reference:
Light = Easy
Standard = Normal
Heavy = Hard
Oni = Insane
---------------
This is Beatmap #1 in the Ultimate Challenge series by me.

The Ultimate Challenge series knows no boundaries (apart from not being ranked). This will test your Osu! skills to the absolute limit. Can you clear all the maps?

In order to play this map, you will need to download the map:
Reikin's Ultimate Challenge - MAX 300 [MAX 3000!]

Place this map into the same folder as MAX 300.
Topic Starter
Duoprism
Completed the insanity that is MAX 300. This is going to one of the hardest beatmaps in Osu! history for a while (if not forever, lol).
Loginer
I can't find any problems with this beatmap set, other than the fact that it's TOO hard. I'd draw the ranking limit at Heavy with a slightly lower overall difficulty, more combos at places like 01:01:61 - 01:14:11, and maybe slightly larger beats, but that's just me. Anyway, I'll star this, and we'll see what the other mods have to say.
MaxwellDemon
I personally wanted to take a look at this (no, I am not a mod, but whatever :P), but as Loginer had pointed out, if your map is so difficult that the top 50 can't beat it at the Heavy difficulty, then we obviously have a problem. XD

Oni could possibly be like a bonus stage though. :P
Topic Starter
Duoprism
Last time I checked, difficulty of Insane and higher maps aren't an issue, as they are well... Insane (or Impossible). But oh well, I don't call the shots here. We'll see how this turns out. I will make a Light map if it is needed though.
MaxwellDemon
I wouldn't trust the Osu! difficulty rating system that much, it is not that reliable in most beatmapper's standards (it really is there just to give the player a hint though). :)

Otherwise, I think the insane difficulty is only applicable if the beatmapper intends the map to be impossible to beat. At that case, and here I am only speaking to my own standards, I feel as if there should only be one difficulty in a beatmap that should be impossible to beat, not two.

Of course, again, this is only to what I simply have seen from my time in Osu! Whether you want to take it in or not, that's your choice. :P
Topic Starter
Duoprism
I've found the rating system works quite well actually. It's not by any means a 100% measure of how difficult a map is, but it is good enough to give an idea as you say. It is hard to place numbers on difficulties as different people have different weaknesses.

I've never really liked conforming to standards. After all, its those that didn't that revolutionized the world. This won't do that, but I'm pretty damn sure it will push the standards of the elite much higher... Quite a scary thought, if you ask me, lol.

And while Heavy is pretty hard, I think it's very clearable. It's Oni that's the 'impossible' map in this song.
mtmcl
It's songs like these that allow me to realize why I don't play DDR. This is hardly even a song. That said, this map is also pointlessly difficult. I can't even pass Standard.
Topic Starter
Duoprism
Hm, I guess I might have to map a Normal/Light level map after all.

...And it's not because it's Japanese, no, mtmcl. :P
machol30
I accept your challenge!

-- 2 minutes later --

Ack!! Oni and Heavy are, like, crazy!! :o I can S Rank Standard, but not even complete Heavy! Could you turn down Standard and Heavy, please?
Topic Starter
Duoprism
I refuse to do anything of the sort. :P

Too much candy is bad for you, burai. (This is in reference to your sig.)
P-Drogan
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
machol30

P-Drogan wrote:

hmmm...
For some reason, this song reminds me of another song that was virtually impossible to beat... :o
Anyway, Good job with the beat map! :D
Scene 72?: http://osu.ppy.sh/index.php?p=song&s=1102
Saturos
More like Max Revolution. Max 300 is part of that damn mix of DDR songs. ;x
Topic Starter
Duoprism
I think you mean MAX FOREVER. The start of that is MAX 300 and it even has the same rhythm as my Heavy and Oni maps.
Saturos
Same difference. ;x

Either way, heavy and oni are not rankable as is. There's a difference between difficult/challenging hard and stupid hard. If you're happy with them as is, it can remain like a Max Forever-ish map and just stay perma-unranked while still being played by others, it just won't count towards the ranking.

If you do want MAX 300 to be ranked, I suggest just making a second version of this with easier (relatively speaking) hard versions, while keeping this one as is.
Topic Starter
Duoprism
I honestly think that Heavy/Insane is very clearable. Definitely very hard, but clearable.

My other Insane beatmaps are harder IMO.
James
I accept your challenge!

-- 2 minutes later --

Ack!! Oni and Heavy are, like, crazy!! :o I can S Rank Standard, but not even complete Heavy! Could you turn down Standard and Heavy, please?
Burai, this is NOT a candy, its a ROCK. Don't eat it.

I honestly think that Heavy/Insane is very clearable.
mmm.. did YOU cleared it? Without any mods?
Saturos

Reikin wrote:

My other Insane beatmaps are harder IMO.
I'm afraid to even look.

Pass them yourself before you claim they are passable. If burai can't even get halfway through without mods, the map is beyond anyone's ability.
James
So I managed to pass hard...

I can tell how horrible timed it is just by looking at how many 100s i get...

and heres a replay lolz

But still, this map is... :(
show more