forum

[resolved] FPS decreases when playing in full screen, borderless

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Minh Tohka
Please help me! Months ago I encoutered no problem, everything ran smoothly without any change in setting, but now when I play in borderless or full screen, somehow the FPS decrease and it make my game become somthing like slow motion, I don't know why and how to fix this issue. I turn off everything that is not necessary but still encouter this annoying problem, I also tried to find out if this problem come from my laptop, but I didn't get any idea. Anyone can help me ? :cry:
TheVileOne
You probably downloaded/ updated something that is now taking more resources.
Yuii-
1. You probably haven't updated the drivers of your graphic card, so that's why you can't play in X resolution.

2. You will have to format your PC (maybe because it has happened a lot of time since you formated it).

3. Defragment your hard disk.

4. Try changing between OpenGL or DirectX.

5. Try looking at YouTube for how to get better performance at Windows, they will tell you to reduce some unwanted files and to disable other things.

6. Check your Frame limiter. If it's Vsync'd, that's probably where the problem is.

7. Close any other programs you are not using.

Good luck!
xasuma
Try this:

Go to your desktop.
RIght click
Personalize
Scroll down
On "Basic and high contrast themes (x)" select "Windows x Basic"

I am asumming you are on windows.. lol
Good luck .
Topic Starter
Minh Tohka
thank you guys very much, I will give it a try :D
Niervaco
Well running full screen IS a bigger resolution than windowed so it's a bit more taxing.. Slow motion does seem unusual though. It doesn't sound like regular lag.
Topic Starter
Minh Tohka

Niervaco wrote:

Well running full screen IS a bigger resolution than windowed so it's a bit more taxing.. Slow motion does seem unusual though. It doesn't sound like regular lag.
Yeah, I mean exactly what I said: slow motion, meanwhile I noticed that FPS decreased drastically and everything on the whole screen turned into shit :( I don't even know why and how it became like that
peppy
You probably have another application drawing on top of the osu! window. Make sure this isn't the case. Also update your graphics drivers.

Do not format your PC, defragment, or any of the other shit advice above.
NeVMiku
Why not try full screen?
Topic Starter
Minh Tohka
thanks you guys, I tried using defragment the disk and it seems to be ok now :D hope this is enough cause I don't want to format may laptop either :D