forum

[resolved] [confirmed] [Editor] Symmetry technique broken.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Sonnyc
ok so just until yesterday (or maybe the day before), when I move a slider anchor and keep holding it with my mouse and then tab ctrl+H or J, the slider anchor that I'm holding gets in control so I could construct a symmetric slider easily.
However now, you can notice that the thing I've mentioned about isn't working.

The video has two version of osu!. First is the old client from 2012, just to show how it originally worked, and the second is the client of now.

I really hope this to be fixed because this technique is one of my core skills ;w;
Bara-
I never even knew about this
I Always kept on pressing ctrl H until they were at the same place
If this is a bug, please fix, as I would like to use it
TheVileOne
This does not look like a recent change to me. I don't remember when a slider was selected as you were placing it. I will try to think of the correct way to emulate this behavior. Just selecting the slider with the current code breaks things.
Topic Starter
Sonnyc
Bump!
TheVileOne
It is taking me awhile to get to it. This will not be easy to fix. Selecting placement objects is not supported behavior currently. I don't recall it ever being supported behavior. The selection ring that you see is applied via a different method than how you select other objects. It will be low priority for now.
Topic Starter
Sonnyc
I guess this failed..?
Bara-
;-;
I want this so badly
Topic Starter
Sonnyc

baraatje123 wrote:

;-;
I want this so badly
Yeah lol
TheVileOne
Looks like I forgot about this thread (again). I found the cause to this and I have a solution.
abraker
Before the TheVileOne forgets and this thread goes down the abyss again, this is not confirmed why?
edit: confirmed
BanchoBot
Issue(s) in this thread have been addressed by the following changes:
  1. Don't reset drag when modifying slider points. (TheVileOne)
The changes will be applied to builds newer than b20150816.4cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread if you believe more work needs to be done to fix the mentioned issues. If they have not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen after this build.
TheVileOne
Have fun.
Topic Starter
Sonnyc

TheVileOne wrote:

Have fun.
Thanks! :)
Bara-
OMG, time to switch back to CE for this