forum

[Archived] Anime Pack 3 and 4 won't import (when in .rar. format)

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Crimson Flame
Problem Details:

For anime packs 1 and 2 it succeeded when I drag and drop them (in .rar format) into the game ages ago. Today I downloaded Anime Packs 3 and 4, but when I did the same procedure, there appeared a message saying "Sorrry, Osu! doesn't know how to deal with this file type". Is there something wrong with the game? Or is there an alternative way to resolve this problem? This is my first time to experience importing problem with .rar files. Help would be great, thanks.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20141122 (latest)
TheVileOne
I don't think .rar is a valid filetype. Unless the game handles beatmap pack exporting differently than it does other files. I will check the code and see if I can fix it.

You can manually extract .rar files. Open with -> 7Zip. Probably can open them by renaming to zip.
Topic Starter
Crimson Flame
Maybe my memory was a bit hazy on whether they were .zip files or rar files that I dragged into the game when I was importing Anime Packs 1 and 2...But I definitely remember it was a .rar file that I dragged and imported I think. And even after I extracted them today, and trying to drag the entire folders into the game, it still display the same message.
TheVileOne
It displays that message because .rar isn't one of the files listed as supported filetypes. It would need to be added to that list or osu wont recognize it.
Topic Starter
Crimson Flame
And also I ended up dragging the songs themselves into the game instead. Though I don't know if this procedure is even good, considering the site says do not extract the files...But after playing one beatmap from Anime Pack 4 it seem to work fine...But I'm wondering if the achievement thing still award you with finishing an Anime Pack...
Topic Starter
Crimson Flame

TheVileOne wrote:

It displays that message because .rar isn't one of the files listed as supported filetypes. It would need to be added to that list or osu wont recognize it.
Is there a way to add .rar file types to the list then? Or there isn't a way at all?
drum drum
Export them with 7zip.
Right click -> 7zip -> Extract files... -> OK -> Open new folder -> select all and drag into osu!

osu! would need to support .rar file extraction first
Topic Starter
Crimson Flame

drum drum wrote:

Export them with 7zip.
Right click -> 7zip -> Extract files... -> OK -> Open new folder -> select all and drag into osu!

osu! would need to support .rar file extraction first
I did that already using another zip and rar opening software.
TheVileOne
I will figure out what is wrong and fix it.

Edit: This was never implemented. I will need to add embedded zip support to get zips to import.