forum

[Archived] Why does osu! process all my beatmaps when I go to Play?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
rep_old_1
Whenever I start up osu! and go to play, it spends several minutes processing all my maps, so it gets annoying that I have to wait a long time before I can actually play. Is there a way to stop this automatic processing?
drum drum
no, there is no way to stop it. It already warns you from the start when you press F5
Chocolat
Uhm. I don't think it should be doing that if it's processing ALL of them again each time you start the game.

Unless you mean something else then I have no clue.
VeilStar
This happens if the game wasn't closed properly.
There's no way to stop the processing.
Just close osu! trough the actual quit menu.
Topic Starter
rep_old_1

VeilStar wrote:

Ah, okay, thanks. I usually quit by pressing the 'X' button on the corner of the window (since I play in Windowed-mode).
VeilStar

repath wrote:

VeilStar wrote:

Ah, okay, thanks. I usually quit by pressing the 'X' button on the corner of the window (since I play in Windowed-mode).
I sometimes do the same aswell out of habit, which then causes osu! to reprocess all beatmaps on the next launch.

That being said though. If it still happens when using the game's quit menu, then something's wrong.
If it doesn't happen, then I guess this is resolved?
peppy
This doesn't happen when osu! closes incorrectly. There's multiple levels that protects such issues. There's something else at play here.
Topic Starter
rep_old_1

peppy wrote:

This doesn't happen when osu! closes incorrectly. There's multiple levels that protects such issues. There's something else at play here.
Actually, this seems to be the case (that something else is at play). Even when I quit osu! "properly," sometimes osu! still processes all of my beatmaps the next time when I open up osu! and go to play. It seems to be haphazard, and I can't tell/remember what/if I've done anything different before starting up my osu! client. If there is some sort of debug log/info I can provide, please let me know