forum

[Archived] cant install osu

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
zzelementzz
Problem Details:I am not able to install osu. the installer wont even open, and the only one i can get open is offline installer but it fails at coping files. i have tried compatible mode, administrator, reinstalling netframe, older netframe. The osume wont even open as well, i am at a complete loss.

When i install using offline installer it says windows installer did not finish as expected. Something along those lines.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20141015.1
Chirimu-Chan
I had this problem a few months ago, there was my whole Windows system ded because of malware. But I dont think this is your problem.

Did the Installer shows any error message or error code?
drum drum
Disabled your antivirus and or firewall?
Topic Starter
zzelementzz
Tried that, still wont open
Zeeb
I have the same problem. The offline installer comes up with a red writing windows message saying that a version of osu is already installed when there is no trace of it on my system. The other installer just stops working. This problem happened after osu stopped working a few times when trying to launch it so I uninstalled it and re-installed a few times with no success. Now i'm stuck with a new tablet and no osu to click. I know if I wipe my computer and redo windows it will work but I cannot be bothered at the moment.
- Marco -

Zeeb wrote:

I have the same problem. The offline installer comes up with a red writing windows message saying that a version of osu is already installed when there is no trace of it on my system. The other installer just stops working. This problem happened after osu stopped working a few times when trying to launch it so I uninstalled it and re-installed a few times with no success. Now i'm stuck with a new tablet and no osu to click. I know if I wipe my computer and redo windows it will work but I cannot be bothered at the moment.
Search "osu" using the search function on windows explorer

Topic Starter
zzelementzz
so...? Just stop playing osu?
VeilStar

zzelementzz wrote:

so...? Just stop playing osu?
Well, either that or you fix your shit. This is pretty clearly a local issue.
Try installing it from another wiindows account? Also make sure you have all updates installed. Mess with the UAC settings.
Topic Starter
zzelementzz
Language updates arnt needed correct?
- Marco -

zzelementzz wrote:

Language updates arnt needed correct?
yup, they aren't related
Topic Starter
zzelementzz
Is there any way to bypass the installer?
VeilStar

zzelementzz wrote:

Is there any way to bypass the installer?
https://www.dropbox.com/s/b33g86wjuspjz ... n.zip?dl=1
extract this & run it
Slightly oudated though.
Topic Starter
zzelementzz
Thanks for the attempt. I guess im just done with osu till clean install :/