forum

[resolved] [duplicate] [confirmed] Blank screen on MP song selection

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
wmfchris
Problem Details: Everything is functioning normally except MP song selection where the screen turns completely black. Chat toogle functions normally (gives a sound but I can't see it since it's all black). I can even screenshot (completely black).

I can't return to the MP room but the main screen by clicking multiple times of Esc. The problem occurs every time even after restart.

Video or screenshot showing the problem: just some screenshots like this (just the right one; the left one is normal)

osu! version: 20141215.5cuttingedge
ozuplayer97
I got the same problem, but with me its in the start of the game i cant even load the osu icon and there is no sound.
Nathanael
Any ways how to replicate this? I'm not having the same issue. :/
Topic Starter
wmfchris

Nathanael wrote:

Any ways how to replicate this? I'm not having the same issue. :/
My way to "replicate" is to simply enter the MP game, get the host and enter the game, then the problem happened (and it happens every time)

I've never encountered something similar in the past, and since I don't MP a lot recently I can't really tell whether if the problem is exclusively happening in this version.
FrzR
I experienced this problem. I got to replicate this on this scenario:

>room
>player has no map
>transfer room host to player with no map
>player clicks change map
>black screen
Nathanael
Confirmed. I was able to replicate it with the help of Fr33z3R.

1. Join a multiplayer room where you don't have the map (don't download).
  2. Let the host transfer the privilege to you.
  3. Go change the beatmap by pressing "Change..." above the beatmap info (since it is not clickable).
  4. Black screen
version: b20141216cuttingedge
BanchoBot
This issue has been addressed by the following change by Damnae:

Fix black screen when entering multiplayer song selection without having the current map.

It will be applied to builds newer than b20141218cuttingedge.

Please follow up in this thread on the status of this issue after you have tested it. If it has not yet been resolved, please provide any new details that may have arisen since before this change.
Nathanael
Marking this as resolved.
drum drum
Marking resolved
Deimos
Then should only mark it as resolved without the duplicate :P