forum

[Archived] Spammed escape at end of song to quit

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
-Vexy
Problem Details:

Spammed escape to end the song early, and it wasn't over yet, so I hit continue, did the same, repeated for about 3-4 times, then the song started over! The only problem was that I still had my score, and there were no notes at all. When the song finished, it gave me a game over screen. I got a really good score too, so that sucked.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

Nothing interesting caught on screenshot, and I wasn't filming at the time, so sorry about that.

osu! version: 20141122 (latest)
Oinari-sama
I don't really understand the OP sorry =.=

The default behaviour of Esc during gameplay is to bring up the pause menu. Hitting Esc again will resume gameplay (you need to hit a restart circle in standard mode). If you wish to quit the song, you'll have to choose Quit at the pause menu.
Topic Starter
-Vexy

Oinari-sama wrote:

I don't really understand the OP sorry =.=

The default behaviour of Esc during gameplay is to bring up the pause menu. Hitting Esc again will resume gameplay (you need to hit a restart circle in standard mode). If you wish to quit the song, you'll have to choose Quit at the pause menu.
When the song is finished, instead of spending the last few seconds waiting, you can press escape to force it to the results screen. When the pause menu comes up, it means the song isn't completely finished yet.
Oinari-sama
If it's the end of the song, try using Space Bar to skip instead. You may have accidentally triggered retry with the esc + whatever key you were hitting at the same time.
Topic Starter
-Vexy

Oinari-sama wrote:

If it's the end of the song, try using Space Bar to skip instead. You may have accidentally triggered retry with the esc + whatever key you were hitting at the same time.
But that's the thing though, I didn't hit retry. The song started over without loading over again. It just phased into itself again somehow. I still had the score, but there were no notes. When it was done, it gave me a game over, retry thing.
drum drum
I can't replicate it could you please make a video
Topic Starter
-Vexy
Im not by a computer at the moment, and I couldn't replicate it myself either.
MillhioreF
Sounds like it could be legit. I've had this happen when missing with fastforward/rewind on test build replays (before they were removed) and got this to happen a couple of times, so it's not impossible that it could be triggered in gameplay too, especially with a weird sound card.
Topic Starter
-Vexy
Thanks for believing me. Idk if this is exploitable though. More of a nuissance than an exploitable bug