Topic Starter
jackw
[deleted]
- Marco -
enable raw input?
Nutella
Disable mouse acceleration
VeilStar
This is definitely acceleration. As marcostudios said; enable raw input.
No guarantee this will help though.
If it's acceleration due to the sensor itself only a different mouse will help.
(Which is why 'gaming mouse' advertisements with X DPI tells you absolutely nothing.)

As for the problem only occuring in osu!...
Not sure what to say about that,
but if a framecap doesn't change anything and your sensitivity (in-game) is at 1.0 and raw input is on,
then there's pretty much nothing that can be done, and I doubt it's osu!'s fault.

Could you try it with a different mouse? Even if it's a cheap, crappy one.
Warchamp7
It's the frame rate limiter actually if they're playing Fullscreen.

Raw Input has it's own problems for me (cursor sometimes jumps around, stops responding for a very brief moment), but it is an easy way to reveal the issue in this topic

Non Fullscreen, frame limit 60 FPS: Latency 1ms
Non Fullscreen, frame limit Unlimited: Latency 1ms

Fullscreen, frame limit 60 FPS: Latency 15ms
Fullscreen, frame limit Unlimited: Latency 1ms
VeilStar

Warchamp7 wrote:

This is due to Vsync, not raw input....
FrzR
Acceleration indeed.
Warchamp7

VeilStar wrote:

Warchamp7 wrote:

This is due to Vsync, not raw input....
I never said it was because of raw input. I was just showing that the frame limiter can affect mouse latency.

This topic is likely because of mouse acceleration as many have said.
iLuminaye
I have the same problem here now, I am 100% positive that this is a game issue, not a system issue.

I use "Gigabyte Thor 6000DPI 1055HZ polling rate (tested) even with a really good mouse like mine, and his, I still have the same problem. When ever I bring this up in community #OSU people just call me bad, as I did by a rank #227....

So I would like to request a developer maybe to look into this since I am 100% sure this is not system issue's

Frame limiter 120FPS any higher, game stutters because of FPS loss and gain.
Raw input not enabled, mouse acceleration not on, the pointer is in the middle of the slow ~ fast.

Also another weird thing I have noticed, possibly because of this buggy mouse, is that I'm over the note, press my key when I know I have to (you get what I mean) and somehow since my mouse is basically always moving (everyone's is, even tablet players are) and somehow amazingly, the note does not hit sometimes. This doesn't happen 24/7 but it does it enough to prevent you from keeping high note streaks. I can probably key this in with the buggy mouse, but IDK, some people say it's the latency or offset, but I'm pretty sure everything is set by the game, only thing I have changed is the FPS, raw input sensitivity (currently x1) and some map settings like softener filter and beatmap hits sounds and skins etc.
Topic Starter
jackw
[deleted]
Topic Starter
jackw
[deleted]
drum drum

Karian wrote:

So I would like to request a developer maybe to look into this since I am 100% sure this is not system issue's
osu! can't cause this to happen
Deimos
does your mouse randomly changes it Hz?

I read somewhere that some people out of osu also had this kind of problem when the Hz of the mouse is randomly changing like on the
Roccat Kone Pure Military
Mannerheim
Well i had the same problem... i updated my osu! to CuttingEdge and now it works just fine