forum

[resolved] Osu! resolution not changing

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
KingTaTo
For some reason, when I try to select different resolution for osu! (currently in full screen), nothing seems to happen, as in it still stayed in full screen despite the other option being highlighted. And yes, I did have full screen option off.

Apparently, this happens for both the cutting edge build and the stable one.

osu! version: 20141122 (latest)
R3DxFOX
[removed]
Topic Starter
KingTaTo
I have tried all of the methods that you have listed me. I am going to assume that the setting files meant the config.UserName file in the osu! folder and I am able to access it just fine.
drum drum
You can change your resolution using the .cfg file
Are you also running win8.1
Topic Starter
KingTaTo
Mind explaining to me how you can change it using the config file? And yes, I am using Window 8.1
TheVileOne
Hold shift + f12 during startup and change the resolution from there. It should fix it.
R3DxFOX
[removed]
Topic Starter
KingTaTo
Hold shift + f12 during startup and change the resolution from there. It should fix it.
I tried that but nothing seems to happen. It stayed on the osu! updater for as long as I hold down Shift+f12. When I let go, it just goes to osu! again.
drum drum
Switch your build to stable and try it.

I'm going to add that cutting edge updater doesn't allow graphics settings interface on shift being held to the list of known issues
Topic Starter
KingTaTo
Nope, nothing seems to happen in the stable build. It just loads up osu! like usual, there isn't even a window that shows up.
Topic Starter
KingTaTo
Looks like there isn't anyone here anymore
VeilStar
go to your osu! directory, look for the "osu!.<userame>.cfg" file, and look for the following lines:
  • Height =
    Width =
    HeightFullscreen =
    WidthFullscreen =
(Put a number behind the "= ".)

Change those to whichever resolution you want to use.
(The ones without "fullscreen" are for windowed mode.)

Then this line decides wether it's fullscreen or windowed:
  • Fullscreen =
(Either Fullscreen = Windowed OR Fullscreen = Fullscreen.)

Make sure you have hidden files & folders set to visible in your windowse options, else you (may or) may not see the .cfg file.
Topic Starter
KingTaTo
Ah, thank you so much. Now osu! actually changes it's resolution for all options.
VeilStar
No problem.
Holding shift while opening osu! is supposed to give you a window where you can change that kind of stuff,
but if it doesn't open doing it manually is the only way.

I guess this can be marked as resolved then?
Topic Starter
KingTaTo
Before it was fixed, the window doesn't show up for me. But after editing the config file and fixing it, now it shows up again.
drum drum
yay resolving