forum

[duplicate] [Selection] Song Preview In Selection

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Furry
When you're in song selection and you select a song, it starts playing from a certain point, but when you play it all the way through it restarts at that point and not the beginning.

I don't feel like recording a 1-2 minute video for this >,>

osu! version: 20141125.4cuttingedge
Bara-
Isn't this intended
Mappers set a preview point, and everytime you select the map it starts from there
Also, as you are on cuttingedge, please read this t/259747
Still, I don't think it's a bug
Topic Starter
Furry
yes but before it would restart the song completely after it going to the end, not starting the song back at the "selection" point, so if you select the song it starts at that point, but if it goes all the way through the song it would completely restart the song from 0:00:000
drum drum
It is intended afaik
Bara-
Ohh
When it done with playing the music on song select screen
I thought you were talking about listening, playing and the song select
Can't look at it right now, When I can, I'll try to see it
Topic Starter
Furry
I don't believe this is intended. When selecting the song obviously it starts from a certain point and not the beginning, but when the song is selected, started at that point, and played alllll the way to the end, it should restart at 0:00:000, not the chosen selection point of the song, I used to just put it on one song and have it idle there and it would restart the song completely
Bara-
It at least does NOT happen on Stable

Edit:
It DOES happen on Cuttingedge, and as I can confirm it, post it here t/259747 (Cuttingede bug thread thingy)
TheVileOne
Audio should only start at the preview point if you are selecting a song. The changelog doesn't hint that this was an intended change. peppy will overrule me if I'm wrong.
Topic Starter
Furry

TheVileOne wrote:

Audio should only start at the preview point if you are selecting a song.
That does happen, but say if you choose a song, it starts at 2 minutes in, THAT starting point is intended, but, if you continue listening to the selected song from that point, it will have to end at some point, the song is supposed to (or has done so in the past) restart from 0, absolute start, not the selection timing point. The reason I know this is a bug is because I used to sit on a song like, for example Omega Rhythm 240 BPM, it would play from the starting preview point in the song, to the end, then restart completely, allowing a sort of "repeat" of the song.
drum drum
This has been added to the cutting edge issues thread
Topic Starter
Furry
Why is this marked as duplicate?
Bara-
As it is in the thread I linked in first reply