forum

Adjust play area scaling

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +182
Topic Starter
Warchamp7
This would potentially be extremely difficult/impossible depending on how osu! is coded when it comes to map playback.

The suggestion is being able to play the game say, fullscreen at 1920x1080, but be able to adjust the 'play area' to be a % of full size

ex. Right now, the play area is approximately as seen below (100%)

I would love to be able to shrink it to say 90% of it's size to move notes away from the top/bottom edges

Relative size comparison of 90%

Some could argue this would put notes closer together, but so would simply playing windowed at a lower resolution, so that's moot.
Sea_Food
Seems cool.

But there is a really big downside to the suggestion. And that is why would anyone want this?
E m i

Sea_Food wrote:

Seems cool.

But there is a really big downside to the suggestion. And that is why would anyone want this?
a potentially more useful version of changing your window size
support
deadbeat
something like t/219180 ?
Gumpy

deadbeat wrote:

something like t/219180 ?
That's for the editor this is for actuall playing of the game.
deadbeat
oh right, silly me
Bara-
Then at least make objects (and maybe cursor) smaller
DeletedUser_4329079

Sea_Food wrote:

why would anyone want this?
Windowed mode may increase input lag on some computers (damn you Aero).
Ohrami
yessssssssssssssssssssss
Nathan
I would actually use this, it would help my peripheral vision without having to lower the resolution
Topic Starter
Warchamp7
It's also annoying when there are notes at the very bottom of the current playable area. If the latest chat feature is on, it can actually cover notes
drum drum

Warchamp7 wrote:

It's also annoying when there are notes at the very bottom of the current playable area. If the latest chat feature is on, it can actually cover notes
That's why you should select autohide
Topic Starter
Warchamp7

drum drum wrote:

Warchamp7 wrote:

That's why you should select autohide
Was just an example of how close to the edge notes get. Would like to play at full resolution without that issue
Xilver15
DeletedUser_4329079
Yay I'm glad more people are interested in this
Bara-
It's a good idea, but then CS MUST get higher (smaller circles), or this will never happen
Azean

baraatje123 wrote:

It's a good idea, but then CS MUST get higher (smaller circles), or this will never happen
Why would the CS need to get higher?
One of the main reasons people play at lower resolutions in windowed mode is for the "larger" circles (comparatively).

I'm all for this. Have a couple stars!
DeletedUser_4329079
More stars for you because I can't play on windowed mode without a ~50ms delay because Windows 8 sucks :(
Seijiro
NIce idea, usually I have to change my tablet area to fit my movements (I have some problems with my tablet, just a personal matter) so it would be nice to adjust the in-game area instead.

Support~
Piotrekol

Default wrote:

More stars for you because I can't play on windowed mode without a ~50ms delay because Windows 8 sucks :(
Search on google or 2 for dwm disabling or pm me for link.

But overall, this one would be nice- people could play same playfield size as they were playing in windowed mode BUT in fullscreen making win8/8.1 dwm disabling redundant.
show more