forum

[Archived] Osu! crash: Start a song and open option menu very fast.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
EpicMysticz
Hi there, my first post will be a small bug report.

Problem Details:
If you start a song in Osu! and quickly (it's a very small time frame) open the mod/option tabs via either F1/F3, the mod/option menu will open while the song is loading up, and Osu! will crash.

EDIT::

Again, the timeframe is VERY short. You nearly have to open your option-menu key at the exact same time you start the song, just a few milliseconds later. If you time it right, you'll open the menu whilst the song starts loading and it will hopefully replicate what I did here.
Exact error:
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException(ExceptionArgument argument, ExceptionResource resource)
at System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException()
at #Ch.#Bh.#rs()
at #Lg.#Ng.#XI()
at #Lg.#Ng.#rs()
at #tb.#zb.#8s()
at #tb.#zb.#jt(Object , EventArgs )
at #tb.#Db.#Dt()
at #tb.#Tb.#Rv(Object , EventArgs )
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(Int32 dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at #tb.#Tb.Run()
at #tb.#zb.Run()
at #Lg.#mp.#Hyb(String , Boolean , Boolean )

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
NOTE: I managed to hit the timeframe at ~33 seconds into the video. Attempts before that didn't go so well.

If the embed video doesn't show up, link: http://youtu.be/gAbAranjPRo?t=32s

osu! version: 20141122 (latest)
drum drum
I can't replicate this nor can I get anything to open up after opening a song.
- Marco -

drum drum wrote:

I can't replicate this nor can I get anything to open up after opening a song.
Same
Topic Starter
EpicMysticz
My bad, it seems that Osu! only crashes on opening the option menu after starting a song, and not the mod menu.
I can still replicate it myself, the timeframe is very small and you have to open the song and open the option menu RIGHT after that.

Osu! doesn't always crash, but it crashes enough to see that the bug is there.

I replicated it a few times at:

-- You can see that it doesn't always crash here. It's windowed (borderless) 1366x768

and

-- You can see again that it doesn't always crash. It's fullscreen 1366x768 (native) here.

Again, the timeframe is VERY short. You nearly have to open your option-menu key at the exact same time you start the song, just a few milliseconds later. If you time it right, you'll open the menu whilst the song starts loading and it will hopefully replicate what I did here.

The crashes aren't consistent so it will probably be hard for you guys to replicate this. (unless it's only me having it, that's also possible)
drum drum
I managed to open a menu after starting a song but nothing happened (even beatmap options)
Arnold0
I managed to do the same thing as you, osu! says an error occured but doesn't crash

In case you think it's because cutting edge :