forum

[resolved] [Archived] Cursor delay/lag

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
[ Sly ]
I have been using Wacom Bamboo CTH-300 Pad for 3 months and suddenly I started getting cursor lag and sort of a movement delay and some unwanted swings.

Extra infos:
• I have a HP Envy 15 laptop (win8)
• I use OpenGL with unlimited gameplay since DirectX lags ( Though my laptop can run most games on high quality)
• I get more lag on some maps than others and sometimes the lag increase during the song
• I tried everything from reinstalling osu!, reinstalling the pad driver, disabling tablet service...
• Lag is reduced on relax mode
• I get much more lag on 60fps limit (prob because of vsync?), I also get more lag when I change the usb port of my tablet from 3.0 to 2.0

Please help! :(
KinkiN
your fps limiter is unlimited or 60? either way it's best on 60 fps, since OpenGL doesn't work well on unlimited. Turn off the vsync ?

btw, you can try to use integrated GPU to play osu! perhaps? IntelHD can use DirectX, while NVIDIA have many problems
Topic Starter
[ Sly ]
I turned vsync off on nividia and intel, I can say its better now but I'm still getting some lag and fast beatmaps are still unplayed due to cursor delay (I feel that I get the delay when I hit circle or a slider)

I'm still using OpenGL with unlimited gameplay since it's the only way I can play without the beatmap lagging
drum drum
Unlimited on OpenGL is not advised, it causes fatal drawing errors.
Topic Starter
[ Sly ]
The beatmaps lag too much if I don't use unlimited..
buny

SoapyKun wrote:

The beatmaps lag too much if I don't use unlimited..
have yout ried capping it at a higher fps?
Topic Starter
[ Sly ]
Yes I did
Kyonko Hizara
OpenGL is not recommended anymore unless you're on a non-windows OS. Try switching to DirectX and put it on 60fps.
drum drum

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

OpenGL is not recommended anymore unless you're on a non-windows OS. Try switching to DirectX and put it on 60fps.
Vsync is bad. Try 120 first
Kyonko Hizara

drum drum wrote:

Kyonko Hizara wrote:

Vsync is bad. Try 120 first
Depends on the hardware. Their's is a newer laptop so it should be fine on 120, but if it were older like the one I used to use, vsync is the only option.
Topic Starter
[ Sly ]
So what I found is that when I'm playing on 800fps (DirectX unlimited gameplay) I have no cursor delay at all, but sometimes it drops to 500fps and that's where I start getting delay. As for OpenGL for some reason it fucks my pen input.
I guess I'll get a new laptop.
drum drum
Anything running in the background?
Topic Starter
[ Sly ]
nope, just my laptop getting old
RvNovae
did you try running in fullscreen mode? that usually reduces input lag a bit.
and also: do you use a usb hub for your tablet? that might be an issue as well.

you might also try reinstalling windows, since this should be done at least every 3rd year
VeilStar
Try rolling back your tablet drivers. Recent Wacom drivers have caused input lag for alot of people.
http://us.wacom.com/en/support/legacy-drivers/
Orbin

VeilStar wrote:

Try rolling back your tablet drivers. Recent Wacom drivers have caused input lag for alot of people.
http://us.wacom.com/en/support/legacy-drivers/
Same thing with Windows. Apparently Microsoft has been playing around with mouse sensetivity inputs. and that may cause the cursor in some games lag/freeze.
Topic Starter
[ Sly ]
Honestly I don't know anymore... I put all my osu data and tried using my tablet on another pc, I still got the same lag... I tried everything that have been suggested on this forum
R3IMU
I have the same tablet and the 100% exact same problems!
I have also tried out everything I could imagine in order to make it work all right again, but nothing helped. ;_;
I suppose the problem is the tablet itself, since none of my friends who use a tablets have experienced similiar problems yet. Next tablet is definitely not gonna be wireless. ._.