forum

[Archived] Windows 8 Osu issue.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
stormberg
When I run OSU in windows vista, I don't have problems. But on my other computer, which uses windows 8; I can't seem to run new OSU songs that I download from this site. The OSU program works fine, but I just can't download and play new songs. Does anyone know what the problem is?
- Marco -
Force folder permissions?
Topic Starter
stormberg
Can you elaborate on that
- Marco -

From the options :)
Topic Starter
stormberg
Still can't open new songs. It opens OSU and song won't load. Odd.
- Marco -
Hmm...do you ha a failed folder? (osu!/Songs/failed) if so, delete it D:
Topic Starter
stormberg
Deleted the folder, no luck
drum drum
How are you trying to load then?
Are you importing them correctly?
Have you pressed F5 in song select?
Topic Starter
stormberg
I use my browser to download them, I click on open on the OSU songs, which worked perfectly for windows vista, but never seems to work for windows 8
KinkiN
do they offer you some kind of error notice?

If you can't click it, then try dragging it into osu! windows. If it doesn't work, tell us what osu! says
Topic Starter
stormberg
It doesn't even say anything, that's the confusing part. The file just gets automatically deleted or something. But then I can find the file on my OSU song folder, just that it's not organized into a folder like all the other songs.
Topic Starter
stormberg
Still looking for help. Anyone know how to fix this?
Ace3DF
What do you mean "song wont load" does it pop up saying it's importing?
If not, try and drag the .osz (or w/e the filetype was) into your Songs folder and go on osu! that way.
drum drum
Automatically deleted? Are you using some kind of antivirus?
Topic Starter
stormberg
Nope, not using any anti virus. And yes when I drag it on, it doesn't show any msg what so ever. It's as if I never dragged it in.
drum drum
Could it be some sort of random virus or security software then?
Ace3DF
As I said, place the downloaded file into your songs folder and try it that way.

If that doesn't work, unzip the downloaded song and drag the folder into your Songs folder.
luckyyangusa
I know what wrong try del osu! then reinstall osu! try it if don,t work msg me then I will go on youtube if I solve the it
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
if it don,t work use your windows vista or try downloading windows 7
Bara-
Don't bump old marked threads please
luckyyangusa
here is the the issue your computer is running a software that is blocking the osu! files or maybe the osu! files have malware
show more