forum

[resolved] Cutting Edge: Ranked/Qualified Maps having Unsnapped Objects

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Myxo
Problem Details:

In every second Ranked / Qualified map there seem to be Unsnapped Objects lately. They are reported by Aimod, too (but it's not an Aimod bug since they are really unsnapped). From what I saw, they are all unsnapped by exactly 1ms.

The bug applies only in the current Cutting Edge.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

You can try it with every second ranked beatmap, really.

osu! version: 20141116.1cuttingedge
Bara-
Well
AiMod didn't use to display 1 ms off
But a new update does display it though
Topic Starter
Myxo
Oh... Then that should be removed again. Objects that are 1ms off aren't noticable ingame, and they seem to appear quite frequently and randomly (since you can find them in very many ranked maps). This new feature will just cause confusion.
Mao
Yeah it really does cause confusion because the RC says that not properly snapped objects are unrankable.
Before where they weren't shown at all, nobody really cared about these since they weren't really noticeable ingame.
drum drum
Can you share the map please?
Bara-
You can better ask which maps not
Mao

baraatje123 wrote:

You can better ask which maps not
You can basically have a look at many ranked/qualified maps and see the Problem: https://osu.ppy.sh/b/523224 & https://osu.ppy.sh/b/518383 for example.
And as baraatje said it doesn't seem to be a bug but it's still not really necessary imo.
LordRaika
this issue seems only appear on cutting edge, thus mapping on cutting edge, WILL have snapping issue while other people check the beatmap with stable version....

dont knw what cause the rounding on the offset can be different on both versionn.... ;w;

hope it'll be fix
thanks~
Mao

LordRaika wrote:

this issue seems only appear on cutting edge, thus mapping on cutting edge, WILL have snapping issue while other people check the beatmap with stable version....

dont knw what cause the rounding on the offset can be different on both versionn.... ;w;

hope it'll be fix
thanks~
The offset is same for both if you check the .osu; it's just that there has something been changed in Bancho for Cutting Edge that shows 1ms differences that weren't shown before.
Ayachi-
1 ms is a problem for mania maps,
please see p/3483674/
t/257400
I wish AImod can continue displaying 1 ms problems

Maybe just remove the function for standard mapping, and let it stay in mania
Mao
Ye, that's a good point :/
Kurokami
Personally I do find this useful but the time being we should ignore these at the qualified maps. The next ones will comes w/o these spacing errors. Although it should be corrected in mania specific mapsets.
TheVileOne
Why not snap the objects? How do objects become unsnapped to begin with? Probably because someone adjusted offset by 1 and then didn't resnap, which makes the offset change pointless. Well that and mania maps were having this issue due to a bug which I fixed.

If there are editor functions that tend to unsnap objects by 1 ms please report it. I will fix it.

Whether current qualified should be unranked is up to the ranking team. Technically every mapset that has been ranked has had this 1 ms buffer allowance. Older maps have unsnapped object reports too. I have only removed a flaw in aimod that was allowing unsnapped objects to go undetected.
LordRaika

Mao wrote:

LordRaika wrote:

hope it'll be fix
thanks~
The offset is same for both if you check the .osu; it's just that there has something been changed in Bancho for Cutting Edge that shows 1ms differences that weren't shown before.
wait, i mean...
yes they are the same...

notes offset inside *.osu = 257, 514 , 771

stable offset 257 , 514 , 771 ( matched, no problem )
cutting edge offset 256, 514 , 772 ( 1ms problem , so aimod display it as ERROR )

so, i dont knw why both version have different offset rounding issue...

also, this is not limited to mania, the standard, lots of ranked map , any ranked map from loooong ago, in cutting edge,
got this snapping error, im very sure this is jst some rounding problem....
TheVileOne
It's not a rounding problem. Older builds have a 1 ms buffer in the code that checks mistimed objects to account for slider velocity double values not ending exactly on the end time. The code applied to every object instead of just slider ends when it didn't need to. It is entirely unnecessary in mania.
Topic Starter
Myxo
In that case, I'll try to find out what causes those Unsnaps. I hope it's not random...
Stefan

Kurokami wrote:

Personally I do find this useful but the time being we should ignore these at the qualified maps. The next ones will comes w/o these spacing errors. Although it should be corrected in mania specific mapsets.
And Taiko. Especially if you start playing with higher ODs (from OD6 and above) and/or playing HR in.

I hope this can be fixed over time. The only I can suggest for the moment is to resnap in the Stable build with the "Resnap all Notes" function, found at the Window Tab "Timing". In case if there are 1/6 notes use 1/12 Snap divisor to resnap 1/4 AND 1/6 at once. By this way you resnap everything easily.
Sakura
They can also be moved back to the tick they're supposed to be at, it's really easy to fix.
TheVileOne
I have reenabled the buffer for non mania maps. Dragging objects regularly unsnaps objects by 1ms and the fix is not simple. Until I figure out a fix aimod wont report them.