forum

[resolved] osu! unplayable - Lags every 15 seconds!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
NeVMiku
Problem Details:
Decided to make a new one because the last one didn't make much sense.

Can't play osu! anymore because the keys are registering too late. I decided to play a popular map to demonstrate this. Here is a puush of the replay: http://puu.sh/cREQ4/6185424280.osr

Map: Kuba Oms - My Love by W h i t e

Turn on Hit Error bar and look very carefully at it. A pattern will emerge. Some keys are hit far too late for some reason, and furthermore, it's a similar delayed time.

EDIT: Further 'investigation' shows that if I lower the priority of osu! the lag becomes less, on the other hand if I increase it, the lag becomes larger. Although these are only very small changes.

Resolved: Don't run Razer Game Booster in the background. It's the problem.

The time of the lags in the video below
00:16
00:31 (+15)
00:46 (+15)
01:01 (+15)
01:31 (+30)
01:46 (+15)
02:01 (+15)
02:16 (+15)
02:31 (+15)
02:46 (+15)
03:01 (+30)
03:16 (+15)
03:31 (+15)

Video or screenshot showing the problem: My laptop can't record very well but I did try.

To access the times, click to watch in the YouTube website.

Just in case the video above doesn't show up: http://youtu.be/dib_01TrP4g

Resolved: Don't run Razer Game Booster in the background. It's the problem.

osu! version: 20141114.2cuttingedge
Mofu kun
what programs are running in the background?

are your keyboard drivers up to date?

Have you tried switching to DirectX, OpenGL, or turning down your frame rate cap?
Kysko
Turn off steam. I had similar to your problem when i have steam on
Topic Starter
NeVMiku

MoF10 wrote:

what programs are running in the background?

are your keyboard drivers up to date?

Have you tried switching to DirectX, OpenGL, or turning down your frame rate cap?
None. Yes. DirectX. 60, 120, 240, Unlimited.
drum drum
Have you tried in stable? There's a chance your machine can't handle it for now
Topic Starter
NeVMiku

drum drum wrote:

Have you tried in stable? There's a chance your machine can't handle it for now
I tried both stable and cuttingedge with no luck. The one seen in the video is when I just reinstalled osu! and played the song that seems to be 'included' into the game automatically which is on stable release installed through the online installer. I have in total of 5 songs at the time (my Backup was on the Desktop).

Then later on I put all my songs back in place and updated the game to the latest stable release, still no luck.

This started happening around a week ago, first time ever, and still persisting today. I can't play any more, every time I try, random combo breaks every 15-20 seconds occurs. ;_;
Topic Starter
NeVMiku

Kysko wrote:

Turn off steam. I had similar to your problem when i have steam on
I don't have Steam as my laptop can't really handle anything like that, although osu! (with most effects disabled) can get upto ~450FPS maximum.
drum drum
How long has this been happening prior to the creation of the post?
Topic Starter
NeVMiku

drum drum wrote:

How long has this been happening prior to the creation of the post?
One week (around there) prior to the creation of the post.
drum drum
All right, so anything running in the background like auto updating programs / web pages etc
Elementaires
Same problem here, huge FPS drop every 10 seconds that make the game unplayable.
And yes i turned off all the programs in the background and all my drivers are up to date.
Yesterday, everything was fine. :o
drum drum

Elementaires wrote:

Same problem here, huge FPS drop every 10 seconds that make the game unplayable.
And yes i turned off all the programs in the background and all my drivers are up to date.
Yesterday, everything was fine. :o
What build are you using?
Elementaires
I'm on the stable version and never changed it.
I usually have +900fps while playing, then come the kind of freezes, i can just pause my game for a few seconds, press continue and i will have no freezes for 20-30 seconds. :(
So yeah it makes the game a lot harder :D

All my others programs are closed so i have no idea whats wrong actually.

and forgive my english
Topic Starter
NeVMiku

drum drum wrote:

All right, so anything running in the background like auto updating programs / web pages etc
I put Kaspersky on gaming profile.
Puush is running,
nvidia stuff is running,
Samsung Magician (for my SSD) is running,
Razer Game Booster (I don't usually use this, problem still happens when not using it),
Bootcamp is running (needed),
IDM is running (doesn't make a difference if running or not),
Kodak printer status is running,
Windows update disabled,
Skype quitted,
Google Chrome closed.

Also I used the Razer Game Booster to disable a bunch of stuff.

That's all I can think of that was running at the time of playing/recording but I don't think any of these had any effect because the exact same stuff were running when the problem haven't appeared.

Tonight I'll try and check if I have any FPS drops or not.
ZeeL_old
Hello there !

Even tho i'm a complete noob, after some time i'm now sure that the issue doesn't come from my fingers but the game ^^

I also experience random misses. Everything is up to date on my laptop but it's barely playable right now. Nothing on the background to consume any ressource in particular.
I obviously tried to switch keybinds but it's the same.

I'm not an expert enough to provide any specifics but reading the aboves, i'm sure i'm in the same boat as others. No idea how i can describe better to help :(
Lunavista
Though my laptop isn't the best, it used to be able to play osu just fine as well, but now i'm unable to play (CtB mainly) at all due to lag.
I don't have anything running in the background save skype/chrome, though even when I close everything it stutters.
I hope everyone's lag gets resolved soon, though!
Edit: Having it at base osu skin seems to help, but it still stutters a little.
Topic Starter
NeVMiku

Lunavista wrote:

Though my laptop isn't the best, it used to be able to play osu just fine as well, but now i'm unable to play (CtB mainly) at all due to lag.
I don't have anything running in the background save skype/chrome, though even when I close everything it stutters.
I hope everyone's lag gets resolved soon, though!
Edit: Having it at base osu skin seems to help, but it still stutters a little.
Interesting, what kind of lag do you usually get? Does it seems like it doesn't recognise your key input or is it a complete FPS drop?

I thought a minimum skin would be better. Oh well, my problem happens to me whatever skin I use.
Topic Starter
NeVMiku

ZeeL wrote:

Hello there !

Even tho i'm a complete noob, after some time i'm now sure that the issue doesn't come from my fingers but the game ^^

I also experience random misses. Everything is up to date on my laptop but it's barely playable right now. Nothing on the background to consume any ressource in particular.
I obviously tried to switch keybinds but it's the same.

I'm not an expert enough to provide any specifics but reading the aboves, i'm sure i'm in the same boat as others. No idea how i can describe better to help :(
I hope you get yours fixed soon too because it is a nightmare with this problem. I too get random misses. What about yours? Can you provide any specifics of what your problem is like? I might be able to help.
ZeeL_old
More than a fps drop, it's more like to key was registered but after a delay. The light appear on the note but too late, thus the miss. The faster it goes in the key per second, the more likely it's going to happen.

I can't really test stuff further than what i did as i don't have access to an other PC right now. I tried other games, and none has this issue.
Don't know if we can call this a lag as it's doesn't seem related to internet at all. I tried playing offline to be sure but no luck.
I can't record any videos right now, but the one posted earlier in this thread reppresent well enough the problem, even tho it's in standard osu!

Weird thing is that this problem appeared around the same time as the online ranking on the left side that is missing for me Oo
Doomsday is Bad

NeVe12p4wNeD wrote:

drum drum wrote:

I put Kaspersky on gaming profile.
This does nothing and Kaspersky could be causing the issue with real-time scanning ect. (I've done a lot of tests on my old laptop and Norton, Kaspersky, McAfee and a bunch more cause spikes.

Look into it.
show more