forum

[resolved] [IMPORTANT] Cutting edge endless update

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
peppy
If you are stuck on b20141110.8 or b20141110.9 you will need to manually update your osu!.

1. Close osu!.
2. Download and extract http://m1.ppy.sh/r/osu!.exe/f_798d1404b ... df447d.zip to your osu! folder.
3. Run osu!.
FrzR
Thanks. =w=)b

EDIT: Strange. After applying the .exe, my fps went horrible from 60 to 20. ;w;)

EDIT 2: After a quick re-update the fps is now fixed. Thanks again.
Nintyboy245
Thanks for this, fixed the issue. You're really fast at fixing this stuff.

EDIT: Noticed I have a far lower framerate too. Definitely not unplayable though, haha.
Josepher
Peppy, reprogramming your whole game faster than you can say "Oh shit he's done."
Josepher
My osu keeps restarting over and over great
Nintyboy245
10 minutes later and you already fixed the lag how fucking magical are you?!
Ayaya
Thank goodness a fix. Thought it was just me, i kept on pressing update and nothing would do nothing but restart osu with the button still there.
Tokufi
:c i get this when i followed your instructions

Nintyboy245

Nodachi wrote:

Try it again, I got that same error.
Tokufi

Nintyboy245 wrote:

Nodachi wrote:

Try it again, I got that same error.
I tried it again at least 10 times, carefully following instructions, still doesn't work D:
Lanturn
Flawless. Thanks for getting me out of that infinite update loop :P
[ ZhengS ]
Thank you for update :)
PatZar
Oh gut ==)b
Geniance
Thanks, was wondering why it wasn't working :D
Kutsuu
Thank you :)
smead
I tried it again at least 10 times, carefully following instructions, still doesn't work D:
All you've got to do is if on windows,

Open Osu! File location, and drag the fix that you downloaded into the normal Osu! folder, and click replace (It will ask).

Then just normally run Osu! (Atleast this is how I did it, works perfectly.)
Kvm-Sud
Thaaaanks peppy :)
Sharinflan
I had an error while trying to add a beatmap and got the same error 3 times. After that, it said that I had no beatmaps, while I had a lot. Then I updated through the game, and that caused an error. Then I updated with the updater from the website, now it doesn't even start.
Tried the 2 installers and the updater, tried the file given here, ran in administrator mode and compatibility mode. Also restarted windows.
Also tried unninstaling, but it gives me the same error (osu! stopped working). Everything I do gives me that.
Here's the error that started everything.
Cosmic Energy
^I have a similar problem.

Edit: I got it to work again by deleting everything to do with Osu! except for my skins, songs, and replays.
Pumpkinpad
thanks for getting me out of my habit loop of always clicking that update sign
show more