forum

[resolved] Latest update is stuck in update loop

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Yarissa
My latest update is stuck in an update loop and is not updating properly. It downloads the files, has me restart, then tries to update again and does the exact same thing over again.

I'm using Windows 7 Embedded Standard 64-bit, running osu! windowed, and running off DirectX.

I have the release stream set to stable. osu!me wouldn't let me update properly either.

Thanks
peppy
Running osume is a step backwards. It will destroy your update.

I need more details on the update process. What files is it downloading? How long does it take? What version are you actually on? etc.
Jam-
same problem

EDIT:
actually it works again but there's a loading ring thing everywhere

another edit:
now it's fine after I restarted
Topic Starter
Yarissa
It always says downloading 3 files, and it's usually a brief process (30-40 seconds maybe). How can I find out which files? I'm on cable with a 2MBps connection.

Edit: That's bytes, not bits
Dexus
run as administrator or try to take ownership of the folder/files. It would be nice if osu!.exe was hosted on the server the same as http://osu.ppy.sh/osume.exe (or wherever it was, I don't recall the exact url), then you could just download the latest and try to manually overwrite your exe and see if it repairs itself that way. You can have a copy of my osu!.exe to try I guess: http://puu.sh/cw1ZZ.zip
peppy
Show hidden files and look for a _staging directory in your osu! directory when running. You should see the update process inside there.
Topic Starter
Yarissa
I have a _pending folder with osu!.exe with various patches, should I delete it and run again?
peppy
screenshots of its contents? compare each file and see which one isn't being updated correctly?
Topic Starter
Yarissa

Compare the contents as in their file sizes?

Also sorry, my puush somehow caught my browser window with a current window capture
Topic Starter
Yarissa
Problem resolved itself, thanks anyways