forum

[Archived] Editor's BPM timing panel has a "Reset" button

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Norb
This button shouldn't exist unless it could actually do what it says. This is what It should do:

Not this:

I dont click the "Reset" button to try time the song with annoying 120 BPM tick tick tock sounds.
Please make the button work instead of not work?

WOW THANKS
Ayesha Altugle
Confirmed
Bara-
It always used to work like the first picture before
Idk why it's changed
Topic Starter
Norb
Well, I don't enjoy memes.
TheVileOne
It changed because using reset via menu was breaking things. This is a regression.
Topic Starter
Norb
It's so easy to make a function do things that it's meant to do instead of breaking things. Choosing a random BPM for the reset button is the dumbest idea anyone could think of, the button is better off getting removed completely.
Bara-
It's true
If you exit with 'no bpm' the game will crash, and the map will get corrupt
Also, 120.000 is the std bpm in this game. Why? Idk
But If above is the case, maybe make it that you are unable to exit w/o timing
Topic Starter
Norb

baraatje123 wrote:

It's true
I have to manually edit the .osu file to remove the timing:

I can save/leave the editor without any crashes, without any corruptions. Please get your facts straight before posting shit.

All I ask for (and it's the most logical solution) is to actually reset the timing when I click the Reset button. 120 BPM is not a reset. 120 BPM is a meme. If this game and editor have features, make sure they work.

I understand that the reset button is meant to reset the current timing section, not the whole map, but there is no excuse to reset it to a BPM like 0 or -1 and simply write a code to handle it as an untimed section. Changing it to "120" is lazy and pathetic, its the easiest temporary solution, and the number means nothing.
peppy
should be fixed in cutting edge
Topic Starter
Norb

peppy wrote:

should be fixed in cutting edge
thx ily
Bara-

Dubu wrote:

baraatje123 wrote:

It's true
I have to manually edit the .osu file to remove the timing:

I can save/leave the editor without any crashes, without any corruptions. Please get your facts straight before posting shit.
Well, there are no objects on the map right?
If you press it when there is an object, most likely a slider, for me it will always crash (never tested it lately)
Also, I was talking about 5 months ago orso, when reset did move to ---

Also, saving/leaving might work, but playing definitely does not, IIRC
TheVileOne
You're not supposed to have a map with no timing sections in it. It causes problems with the timeline drawing ticks not starting at 0 offset in the timeline.