forum

[Archived] My beatmaps are always corrupted?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
HiImDren
Hi, for some reason when i try to drag a osz file into the client it always says that it's corrupted. Basicly this never even happened the first time i downloaded the game, now i had to reinstall i tried to reintstall at least 10 times now and nothign changes. Also it doesnt matter what kind of beatmap i download it just won't work. I'm angry at the moment, because when i reinstalled i lost those beatmaps that were at least working. Can someone help please?
Piine
Could be your browser or your internet being unstable? Try reinstalling your browser probably or use a different one. You can also try resetting your modem/router to see if that could possibly be the cause.
Topic Starter
HiImDren
You say it's 100% that it's my internet? it may be possible, but the download seems to be smooth to me. :/
Piine
Never 100% in reasoning. Just saying its possible reason seeing sometimes connection issues also cause downloads to be corrupt unless osu! is not processing them correctly.

Can I ask the question when you download, does the beatmap file become corrupted or is it when you drag them into osu, then it considered corrupt?
Topic Starter
HiImDren
Actually everything seems fine when i download and once i drag it in, than it seems to be bad. than the error messeage comes up saying that it will move it into the failed folder or something like that.

Maybe if i upload one of the downloaded beatmaps and if you try to drag it than maybe we could check if it's really my connection? If you can of course.
Karuta-_old_1
No, I will upload it to you instead. If it doesn't work, then it is not your internet

http://puu.sh/coQpy/ddcbea8b9c.osz

lol, my firefox failed at downloading this
Topic Starter
HiImDren
For some reason it worked, and it was not corrupted, now i really really don't know what's going on.
Piine
Hmm weird. Try seeing if you can download anything from Bloodcat
Topic Starter
HiImDren
No, when i try it downloads a file really quick without a problem, but when it reaches the required mbs like 6.6/6.6 mbs it stops i have to wait a minute or so and than it says that "failed - network failure"
Piine
Hmm..... probably may be your connection then....Try resetting your internet connection via from a modem/router. Also try resetting your computer in case.
Topic Starter
HiImDren
Well i have some kind of SSL Protocoll problem, but on the official osu site it didnt say the "failed - network failure" note after downloading a beatmap. i did try to reset my modem but nothing has changed.
Piine
May I ask that does this happen on every browser you use?
Topic Starter
HiImDren
I only use chrome at the moment but ill try to download mozzila.

I can't it's corrupt, or doesn't finish at older versions.

Is there a torrent site for beatmaps maybe?
Piine
Well we have trackers created by osu! members http://kater.selfhost.me/osutor.php. We also have beatmap packs that are being hosted on Mediafire by Marcin aka https://osu.ppy.sh/p/packlist.

Still curious on your issue seeing some players have it and soon or later it gets fixed. Sorry for not solving your issue :|
Topic Starter
HiImDren
It may be my own network problem really, but i'm very greatful for the help, because at least i know .
Daitan
Yea mine are too, i don't know how to fix it