forum

osu! Malaysia Winter Tournament 14/15 Registration Thread

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
ClawViper
Welcome to the osu! Malaysia Winter Tournament 2014/2015, or OMWT in short.

As we approach the end of the year, I, ClawViper would like to host this tournament in an attempt to:
1) Bring forth a stronger presence of a competitive scene in Malaysia
2) To promote the popularity of osu! standard in Malaysia
3) To make the top osu! standard players in Malaysia more well-known and recognisable to the overall community. This tournament will take place over 2-3 months, starting on 15th December. The official tournament thread will be posted once drawings are made.

Tournament Format
- 32 players will participate in this tournament.
- This will be a double elimination tournament. A double-elimination tournament is a type of elimination tournament competition in which a participant ceases to be eligible to win the tournament's championship upon having lost two matches. It stands in contrast to a single-elimination tournament, in which only one defeat results in elimination.
- Each match's winner is determined by the first player to win four games, in a best of seven format. If the score is tied at 3-3, the tiebreaker match will be played.
- Timing for matches are to be arranged with your opponent, and BOTH PLAYERS will have to PM me in osu! with their preferred time to play, where I will then assign a judge. The date will be within a certain range.
- The tournament will use a ban & pick format where the participants can both each ban out two maps before picking the first map. Banned maps are not allowed to be picked by either player.

Registration
- You must have a Malaysia flag before you can register for this tournament.
- There is no minimum rank or pp for this tournament. Nevertheless, I would strongly recommend that you can at least pass 4.5 star maps before registering. However, only the top 32 ranked players who are registered by the date 30th November, 11:59pm GMT+8 are to participate in the tournament. The players not in the top 32 who have registered will be put into a waiting list and will be contacted if a participant pulls out before their first round match.
- Registering is simple - Just reply in the thread stating your intention to join the tournament!
- Registration closes at 30th November, 11:59pm GMT+8. Draws will be released within one week.

Prizes
1st place - 3 months supporter
2nd place - 2 months supporter
3rd place - 1 month supporter

Prizes will be sponsored by caleb123456 (1st place and 3rd place) and [MY] yummy90 XP! (2nd place)

I would like to extend a huge thanks to them! Without them, this tournament would not exist.

Difficulty
The difficulty of the tournament is only decided once the final 32 participants have registered. The first round of maps will be made in consideration of the ability of the players.

Questions
All questions should be made through osu! PM to me, ClawViper. Remember that osu! PM is the main source of correspondence so check your mail regularly after you have registered. I will send out PMs if you have made it into the top 32 for the main draw.
Topic Starter
ClawViper
I would like to participate in the tournament.
caleb123456
I wnt 2 juin da turnemant srry 4 zhe bed Engermarishi
D e s
I wan tu join oso ken okey no copy pasterino
ExPew
intresting....will join

adeh karat suda skill
_AI
count me in, :D
NazzzF
lel caleb sponsor again

me join plis
Rampax
Le me join \:D/
wacats
Came here to support this tournament :D

And I'm not joining, too much irl issues bothering me *wink*
[ -Scarlet- ]
Not joining this time cuz lazy LOL
Will be the one making mappool. Have fun~ ;)
Rawn
I would like to join and beat all the players!!
Please
I wanna join! PLKN FFUUU
Leminine
Joining for the fun.
TequilaWolf
TequilaWolf joining! :) :) :) :)

are we provided winter jackets and mittens :) :)
SolarFox
Supporting, but I don't think I'll join. Players too E.T. hahahah
ono
我要参加
Deskyun2218
i register to join this !!!!!!!!!!
i wanna get supporter!!!
Karuta-_old_1
I am in

lol that bolded registration
Wilbell
i want to join :D