forum

[resolved] Deselection and priority of layers in editor

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Axarious
Problem Details:
Editor used to have the "1" key as a deselection, it doesn't anymore and a mapper has to click elsewhere to deselect something.
master: [TheVileOne] Ctrl+A deselects objects when all objects are selected.
Ctrl A twice to "select and deselect" has the same function as a single ctrl A -- selects all without deselection.
The top right layer of editor used to be above the map grid, was once able to scrub on the "Beat Snap Divisor" while holding ctrl without placing slider curve/bevier points.
Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20141021.3cuttingedge
peppy
Escape works to deselect now
Topic Starter
Axarious

peppy wrote:

Escape works to deselect now
Escape only works if all objects are selected and I don't wish to deselect a single object by selecting all objects + escape. Ctrl A also lags osu for a few seconds on my computer so I'd like the universal deselection "1" key back. :<
Also, selecting all but one object + escape returns the mapper to main menu if the beatmap hasn't changed, if it has changed, the mapper is prompted with the dialog box "Do you really wish to save changes to this beatmap?"
TheVileOne
I don't remember a key being used for deselection. I certainly haven't changed any hotkeys that would have changed this behavior. I will look into not allowing you to place points via control if you are hovered over the trackbar. I made it so that you can place slider points over most of the UI elements.
Topic Starter
Axarious

TheVileOne wrote:

you can place slider points over most of the UI elements.
I would like to be able to scrub the beat snap divisor (so I can transition between 1/3 and 1/4 slider end snap) without placing white/red points (curves), though. A white point on a slider on that layer is meaningless.
TheVileOne
I fixed the selection issue. For the time being i'm keeping the control point behavior. I have made it so you can place points there. I have fixed up the code so that interface clicks are properly disabled so that slider bars don't move when you are dragging something over them.

Marking resolved.