forum

[Archived] Stuck in processing screen? Please Help!!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
jagerbombastic
Problem Details:

My osu! seems to be having trouble loading existing beatmaps.
I had loaded up an osu! from a different computer into another one, and all the beatmaps i had were there, but when i go to play them, it says 'checking for new files'
and if i push it again it goes to the 'your beatmaps are being processed...' screen and never loads up after that. I have to turn osu! off and start it again. It will play maps that ive made or that ive downloaded from the computer i'm using, but it wont play any other beatmap.
Please help! :(

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20141008.17
TicClick
try triggering beatmaps database rebuild: enable view of hidden files and folders in Explorer options, then delete osu!.db and press F5 in osu! / restart it
Topic Starter
jagerbombastic
im not sure im following you, im not really computer savy? where is this osu.db found?
KinkiN
It's on the osu! folder. be sure to have your setting to show hidden files
Topic Starter
jagerbombastic
okay i think i found it, and deleted it and pressed f5 in osu! but it just glitches from the processing screen then loads these broken looking beatmaps in my game-i turned it off and restarted osu! now all those corrupted beatmaps are gone (which is better than before i guess :) ) is there any way to load these maps back into osu again? they're still in the 'songs' file but they dont seem like loadable osu files i can put back? :(
thanks for your help! :)
KinkiN
I'm not quite sure of that. If they're corrupted, then you have to redownload?

cmiiw
Topic Starter
jagerbombastic
uuuuuuuuuuuh thats a shame :( yeah, i think i'll just download them again. thank you anyway! :)
TicClick
you could try force rebuilding it again by pressing f5 in song selection list
buny
Make sure you delete those corrupted files. It is a pain if you accidentally click them in song library and have to restart your client because of that processing message