forum

[Archived] Clicks not registeres in skin selection screen.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
xasuma
Problem Details:
CLicks are not being registered on the skin selection screen. (Need to click multiple times for things to 'click').
I need to click multiple times on a skin for it to change, and to change pages, and to get a random beatmap, etc.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:

osu! version: 20141016.7cuttingedge
TheVileOne
I'm not getting this behavior. Are there things that work fine for you? Are you testing on a particular gamemode?

Does this only happen on cutting edge?
drum drum
afaik it's normally caused by a system lag that takes a while to register interface interactions
Topic Starter
xasuma
Seems to happen on and off (more often than not in my case). And I cant confirm this is only on the cutting edge version.

And I don't believe it's a delay. Clicks are actually not registering.
Topic Starter
xasuma
This also happens in osu direct, as well as when trying to click on an option when you right click on someone.

Again, doesn't happen all the time, but is very noticeable when it does. (must click about 5 times for it to register)
TheVileOne
We can't help if we can't replicate. The only advice I can give is that it's something running on your system that is interfering with the game. It could be many things.
Topic Starter
xasuma
When you click, you can see the cursor get fatter in some skins. I can see this, but nothing happens. This means that osu can read my clicks, they just have no action to them sometimes.

It happens quite often and I can't think of anything interfering with osu on my computer.
I'm just leaving this here to see if someone else has seem this issue atm.
APOOOOOOOOOOOO
I'm having the same problem. It occurs randomly usually in the pause screen and the skin selection screen.

This video demonstrates the issue. Like I said, it occurs randomly so it was hard to get a consistent recording of the bug. The bug starts at around 10 seconds into the video. (Sorry for low quality)
drum drum

APOOOOOOOOOOOO wrote:

I'm having the same problem. It occurs randomly usually in the pause screen and the skin selection screen.

This video demonstrates the issue. Like I said, it occurs randomly so it was hard to get a consistent recording of the bug. The bug starts at around 10 seconds into the video. (Sorry for low quality)
Looks like memory based lag
Topic Starter
xasuma
That is not quite what I am talking about.
I will attempt to get it on video to demonstrate as well, its pretty damn annoying.
APOOOOOOOOOOOO

drum drum wrote:

APOOOOOOOOOOOO wrote:

Looks like memory based lag
Any idea on how to fix this? (hijacking thread sorry)
drum drum

xasuma wrote:

That is not quite what I am talking about.
I will attempt to get it on video to demonstrate as well, its pretty damn annoying.
Already seen a video of it and it's not exactly a bug

it's not easy to touch so it's hard to solve
Topic Starter
xasuma
What do you mean its not a bug?

I want to bump this, because this is incredibly annoying.
I can't tank cutting edge, so I won't try that. lol

Any workaround that I might be able to do? maybe. ?