forum

[resolved] Administrator?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
CheeseBoss
Problem Details:
Whenever I open my OSU.exe it asks for a administrator password, because it can change things on my computer(never happened before but since the last patch it started being weird)
I actually wanted to know what is causing it, because when I press no it will also start-up with a message a error has occurred osu is trying to keep itself running.
and it will give the same message when I type the password and say yes.
It isn't that much of a deal just annoying because it will occur every time I start OSU! up

osu! version: 20141008.17 (latest)
drum drum
That's normal, and is needed for osu!'s processes

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... f1192e3769
peppy
this should only happen once. Your case is not normal. What is the command osu! is trying to run when it asks for admin elevation? You should be able to see it in the dialog.
R11_old_1
It happens every time I start osu, but it isnt such a problem since I dont need an admin password.
peppy
I need to know the command it is running. Click the Details button and tell me the command.
Topic Starter
CheeseBoss
it says the place where the osu.exe file is -setassociation, there isn't really another command in it in the details option except that I can see the licence and it just asks if the program can make changes to the pc I can't seem to find any other commands :(
peppy
That's enough detail. I'll look into this further.
Topic Starter
CheeseBoss
thank you :D
peppy
Could you please try the latest cutting edge build (b20141010.1cuttingedge or higher; change your release stream in options) and see if it's any better?
Topic Starter
CheeseBoss
doesn't work :(
eh - - -
i got the same problem here , hoping for a solution soon.
peppy
Please update to the latest cutting edge build, restart a few times (choosing "yes" for admin privileges) then give me the output of elevation.txt in your osu! folder.

b20141023cuttingedge or newer
eh - - -
did what you suggested peppy ,

output =
elevated: False ___ELEVATING___
elevated: True url handler

Will keep going like that restarted a couple of times

E:
actually wrong , the true and false seems to randomly swap heres a bit more output:

elevated: False url handler
peppy
Thanks, this helps a lot. I will release a fix this weekend for further testing.
peppy
This should work better now.
eh - - -
Ye doesnt ask on cutting edge anymore after 1 time , as intended.
Thanks for the fix ~

Will this be implented in a stable patch soon ?
This Yellow / Black line creeps me out on cutting edge xD
peppy
some time this week.