forum

[osu!mania] Colored Notes mode

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +381
Topic Starter
31Gabe
Whenever I play the osu!mania mode, all notes are pink and white on certain columns, making timing very confusing. I was wondering if the programmers of osu! can add extra modes and options to change the color of the notes on the osu!mania mode.

Vivid - All notes change color all the time, cycling through all the colors. However, off-beat steps go through different color order to differentiate between 4th, 8th, 16th, and other types of notes.

Note - All 4th notes are blue, all 8th notes are red, all 16th notes are yellow and all other offbeat notes are green.

Rainbow - Like Note, but colors of arrows are different and are slightly more confusing. All 4th notes are orange, all 8th notes are cyan, and the rest of the notes (including 16th notes) are violet.
Axel

so pretty much ddr arrows.
RedAgent14
I know this may be a sorta bump (or necro), but I want to say that I would also really like this feature. To be honest, I'm just so used to having the notes color-coded be beat (from DDR and Stepmania) that it's been sort of integrated into my brain, in a way.
Bara-
OHHHH
So that's what the colors mean
I like this then, not that I'll use it, but many other games have it, for better readability, so why not here too?
Minhtam
Well if you're going to do that, you might as well do it right and follow the conventional method:

(From Flash Flash Revolution)

4th note - Red
8th note - Blue
12th note - Purple
16th note - Yellow
24th note - Pink
32nd note - Orange
48th note - Cyan
64th note - Green
offbeat note - White
Hidden-
Voted for this,

I'm also an ex DDR/FFR player(Played a bit of stepmania too) I understand that this was copy pasted from O2Jam or something but I would love to have a feature like this one too, since I've been used to it too, it makes reading a whole lot easier.
Toshiyuki Doma
I really want this feature to happen since players like me depends on the note colors like from stepmania (where I got used to play). I get better accuracy because of this.

Minhtam wrote:

Well if you're going to do that, you might as well do it right and follow the conventional method:

(From Flash Flash Revolution)

4th note - Red
8th note - Blue
12th note - Purple
16th note - Yellow
24th note - Pink
32nd note - Orange
48th note - Cyan
64th note - Green
offbeat note - White
This is the one that should be implemented.
Seijiro

Bara- wrote:

OHHHH
So that's what the colors mean
Indeed, lol

I would like it tbh.
Arnaud
Wow. Such good request
Cyrosu
That would make reading so much easier. Please add this :)
LastExceed
This would be very helpful for DDR/FFR/stepmania players. Not that I am one of them, but I still think it should be a thing
Caput Mortuum
I actually play better without those... But it'll be helpful to some, so have my support.
Frozen_Rhythm
Sounds interesting.......
JotaCe
This would be fantastic, one thing that I like in SM is the possibility to play with Colors Arrows and I feel very confortable with Halved.

I voted for this... and I thought in other thing when I did read the Thread title lol
RedJellyFish
pls
johnmedina999
Make the different colors skinnable, if possible, please.
Preagan_Virus
The notes in stepmania are multiplied by 4 because they are separated by measures. However, the notes in osu! are not (or at least they aren't strictly defined). Therefor, they should be divided by 4 to get this:

1st note - Red
2nd note - Blue
3rd note - Purple
4th note - Yellow
6th note - Pink
8th note - Orange
12th note - Cyan
16th note - Green
offbeat note - White

hope this helps....
[BoY] RaveN
where can i download it ?
[ Sidney ]
Is this still ever going to be a thing? Would really love to see this happen!!
Zelzatter Zero

[ Sidney ] wrote:

Is this still ever going to be a thing? Would really love to see this happen!!
if you really want to see it happens, just request it in lazer instead. Stable is pretty much feature locked due to the code quality over a decade.
show more