forum

[Archived] osu!test popping clicking sounds on mute.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
NeVMiku
Problem Details: Popping sounds will be made when choosing any option in the main menu. It's a temporary thing, if left too long it wil go away.

Don't know if it's just me and my sound card and stuff or not...like it has a leftover static charge or something.

Latest osu!test update.

To Replicate:
1). Have sound ON in the song select screen.
2). Click back and mute the sound in osu! (scroll down the volume bar).
3). Choose any option from the main menu and sub menu.

Video or screenshot showing the problem: I use a toaster, can't record (properly).

osu! version: 20141004.2cuttingedge
Oinari-sama
Can't replicate.

Anyone else having luck?
Topic Starter
NeVMiku

Oinari-sama wrote:

Can't replicate.

Anyone else having luck?

Well, it goes away in a few seconds regardless of the user doing anything or not. So I guess it's my part?
Oinari-sama
If no one else can replicate this then yeah...
Sleeman
This can happen when you scroll down and mute it whilst the song is loading, and then return to menu (but only one pop)
See video: http://a.pomf.se/pinkqx.mp4
GhostFrog
Bump.

I've had an issue similar to this for a while but didn't think to post about it until now. I'm using the stable release, not cutting edge, and I get those popping sounds frequently. If I spectate someone with osu! muted, I sometimes start hearing these in place of hitsounds...or maybe it's only certain hitsounds? I usually unmute osu! pretty quickly (or mute my laptop completely) when I start hearing the popping sounds because they're unpleasant to listen to, so I don't have many details. I'll try to play around with this later when I have time.
GhostFrog
Having trouble reproducing the issue I described, but I have a little something that might be useful that's similar to Drunkguy101. If I mute osu! mid-song, I hear the sound a few times immediately after and it seems to correspond to hitsounds I would have heard if osu! weren't muted. I was testing watching auto play big black and muting it during a stream would cause me to hear the noise 2 or 3 times, which means that the popping sounds are occurring for somewhere between 1/3 of a second and 1/2 of a second (and I get the impression it's closer to the the lower end of that range from what I'm hearing). I haven't yet been able to reproduce the issue where I hear it with every hitsound.
peppy
This usually happens when osu!'s volume is set very low but non-zero. I'll look into it.