forum

Join multi from user

posted
Total Posts
This is a feature request. Feature requests can be voted up by supporters.
Current Priority: +99
Topic Starter
anonymous_old
[quote="Ph0X":94ee7]26. Join multi server from userlist (or atleast show the server name when the game isn't started yet).If a user is in a multiplayer game, an option in the right-click menu of their profile button should be added to join that multiplayer game. Also add a /join <username> [<password>] command.

(Maybe something similar for solo/editing: "play/edit this map".)
Ephemeral
And by extension, the game host should be able to invite a player to the game in question if they are on the host's friend list (/invite [playername] <short comment>) - invitations cannot be sent when the recipient is in AFK status, and if an invite is rejected by a user manually, no further invitations can be sent by that host to the user for five minutes.
Topic Starter
anonymous_old

Ephemeral wrote:

And by extension, the game host should be able to invite a player to the game in question if they are on the host's friend list (/invite [playername] <short comment>) - invitations cannot be sent when the recipient is in AFK status, and if an invite is rejected by a user manually, no further invitations can be sent by that host to the user for five minutes.
I say a PM works better.
-David
a
Topic Starter
anonymous_old

Davidz123 wrote:

Isn't it like, inviting? Or not.
It's the reverse. I like the "join this player's game" method better than "ask this player to join your game" method.
-David
This map has been deleted on the request of its creator. It is no longer available.
Kitsunemimi

strager wrote:

Ephemeral wrote:

I say a PM works better.
I agree with strager that the PM would work, but I still think this would be a neat feature if we can add it some time later.
Ph0X
Honestly, If I had posted every single one of my requests from that list one by one in a seperate thread and had spammed the shit out of the sections (with legit requests) like everyone else, I would of had at least of half of them done :(

But once you put them all together in a giant list, people can't handle it anymore.
Guy-kun
*wants this*
Sup A Noob
Definitely support.

Makes stalking easier when my buddies are playing in Multiplayer.
Waryas
bump
Wishy
Seriously a /follow feature would be really cool.
Kodoshi
finally, this would be really useful (too bad i finished the stars D:)
FireballFlame
want
Larto
Bump of love. I don't have much constructive stuff to say, because it was elaborated well enough in strager's (;_;) post. I think this idea is great. It works the same way on steam and makes things so easy and comfortable!
Autonom
i missed this feature for a long time ;). hope it gets implanted in some way
Tenacious J
Sounds like something that came straight from Xbox Live.

How will you deal with stalkers/stalking fans? (poor top-rankers) I think MP lobby invites would've done a better job, with 1 minute intervals between sending invites to the same user to avoid spam. Too bad the idea has been shot down already... -_-

For now, no support.
Mara
Why did you bump dying thread then? :|
TheVileOne
I would find this useful if it were added. It's more awkward to ask someone to invite you when they may already be in game playing than it would be to type /join <username>. Also it's a public room that anyone can join, it's not really stalking when they can see you playing multiplayer, and can join at any time anyways.
DJKero
Bump.
show more