forum

[resolved] random tab-out from Osu!

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Kurum
Hello!
I have been having this problem for about half a year now and I stopped playing Osu! for 3 months because of this problem, it's not Osu!'s fault really it's something with my PC and the problem is that every 5 minute or so I get a tab-out from whatever I am doing, almost like an alt-tab but it just de-selects the current window instead. When playing Osu! and I get this the game auto-pauses and I have to restart the map since it's almost impossible to get an S when it pauses in a random note/stream/glider.

So I just want to know, is there any program that prevents tab-out or can I prevent Osu! from auto-pausing when tab-out or what can I do to fix this? I'm really in a pinch right now since I really want to play beatmaps fully without having to auto-pause and prevent me from geting an S all of the time..
This happens to ALL things on my computer including when I'm just surfing the web and I have been searching for a solution for half a year now and still haven't found one so please help :(.
I use Windows 8.1 and Nvidia drivers with 2 monitors if that helps!

osu! version: 20140814.1 (latest)
KinkiN
I believe there's something "bad" running on the desktop. tab-out happens when a process tries to take over the desktop ( moreover you said it's on every programs, not only osu! )

you can post your task mgr and maybe i can help looking what's wrong. Also you can play osu! in a windowed mode to see why the tab out is happening

It could be virus though.

you could search for " Game Booster " app though. try this first imo
Topic Starter
Kurum

Yuzuru wrote:

I believe there's something "bad" running on the desktop. tab-out happens when a process tries to take over the desktop ( moreover you said it's on every programs, not only osu! )

you can post your task mgr and maybe i can help looking what's wrong. Also you can play osu! in a windowed mode to see why the tab out is happening

It could be virus though.

you could search for " Game Booster " app though. try this first imo
Well I went through all of my files etc and realized that AVG had been taking alot of storage etc and I deleted it and tried another anti-virus software and the problem actually got fixed, so yeah the problem was AVG all along but thanks for help! :) I don't know if it's a bug with AVG or what but in the future I am atleast not going to use AVG ever again >_<
KinkiN
Good for you :D you can set it so it won't pop up randomly though, if it's an anti virus
GodVillaDX
I'm having this problem but I dont own any Anti Virus or such software, I've also had a Post where they said it's discord. Yet I dont have any type of Hook to Osu! through Discord, All "Game" Options have been turned off, any overlays or such is also Off. Please help.
Lyawi

GodVillaDX wrote:

I'm having this problem but I dont own any Anti Virus or such software, I've also had a Post where they said it's discord. Yet I dont have any type of Hook to Osu! through Discord, All "Game" Options have been turned off, any overlays or such is also Off. Please help.
please creater a new topic: community/forums/5