forum

[Archived] Undo state creates massive lag spikes after X notes

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Nwolf
After screwing around in the editor for some time (nothing specific note/time-wise though) the game has huge lag spikes that do not go away after going out of the editor - turning off undo states also doesn't help if they are there already. Mapping without undo states is active does not do any problems (except that you have to be more careful with mapping)

osu! version: 20140814.1 (latest)
Senritsu
I think i also bump into this one, when editing a (taiko) diff, until the combo reached 600+
But after i exit the editor for a few mins, it's gone, if i remember things right.
drum drum
This has always been an issue. For now just disable undo states in options.

Apparently the thread on this was already resolved.
TheVileOne
Meh. I swear I fixed this issue. Does it happen every time you edit or just some times? Does memory usage increase while editing?
drum drum
I think it would be best to have some sort of counter to show how many undo states are stored total just for the sake of getting down to it.
buny
this happens to me too but only when editing maps that is mapped a lot already
though the lag doesn't stop until i restart the client.

it doesn't happen on maps that I've barely mapped
Hellgert
happen to me too
pls fix
TheVileOne
I don't think that undo states can cause issues outside of the editor and if they do, then this problem has always been associated with undo states.
Hellgert

TheVileOne wrote:

I don't think that undo states can cause issues outside of the editor and if they do, then this problem has always been associated with undo states.
some of my friend say they it was cuase by timing point when they map through it
TheVileOne
I have made some changes that will ensure that the limit is enforced. I don't know how long it will take for it to be made public.