forum

[resolved] .osr files not working

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
BobbyM255
Problem Details:
I haven't played osu! in a while, but I've wanted to watch some of my old replays. Despite having my replays saved as .osr files and despite still having all the songs saved, the replays won't work. I click on the replay file, and it opens the osu! main screen, but that's all.

I recently changed computers, but I've transferred all the data from one to the other, so I don't see why that would be the issue. Do old replays (e.g. 2010-ish) just plain not work anymore? I've tried a number of replays, and none of them has worked.

osu! version: 20140814.1 (latest)
Gaz_old_1
The file could be have encryption problems or osu could be having trouble reading the file. Zip the replay that you want and then rename it, for example replay.osr.
Topic Starter
BobbyM255
Thank you for trying to assist. Unfortunately, your suggestion did not work on multiple replays I tried it on.

Here are some further details if they'll clear things up for people:
- Opening the replays will open osu! If osu! is already open, it does nothing when I open a replay.
- My own replays don't work, nor do those of other people.
- I can watch replays in the top rankings directly from osu!.

I like watching my replays during downtime... All help appreciated!
Bara-
I heard that all replays saved before mid-august 2013 (or sth like that) are unviewable
Gaz_old_1

baraatje123 wrote:

I heard that all replays saved before mid-august 2013 (or sth like that) are unviewable
I recently watched someone on twitch play a old Clementine replay, they're still view able I'm pretty sure.
Bara-
A few people here already posted that old replay files are no longer working (1.5 yrs old or older probably)
But as I play for just 1.5 year, I can't really tell :P
TheVileOne
A solution has been submitted for this problem. Please be patient and wait for it to be accepted.
Topic Starter
BobbyM255
Wait, this is a "resolved issue"? The fix mentioned doesn't seem to have been implemented yet. At least, I'm running the newest version, and I still can't get old replays to work.
- Marco -
Archieved, your last answer is from 2 months
drum drum
Taking off archived tag and moving back to technical support
TheVileOne
A fix was in the works, but I was wrong about it being submitted. I'm not sure what the problem even is. Old replays should still work. I would need a replay that doesn't work to test with a mapset that accepts it.
Topic Starter
BobbyM255
Here's an example of one of my replays that won't work:
https://www.sendspace.com/file/ups1es

The beatmap for it can be found here:
http://osu.ppy.sh/s/3349

Downloading it again hasn't helped me.

If I click on the highest-record replays listed to the side in the game, those work, but clicking on my old OSR files just opens osu! without the replay. Also, I can download those highest-record replays and open those OSR files. My old ones are the only ones that won't work.

If more examples would help diagnosis the problem, let me know. Thanks in advance for the help.
TheVileOne
That .osr is corrupt. I don't think it can be saved. Maybe it is just a format change, but nothing I have tried has gotten osu to read it.

Edit: I found the reason why old replays weren't reading correctly. That replay though is still broken. There is a problem with the raw data that is causing it to not load correctly.
Topic Starter
BobbyM255
Hmm, since none of my replays (all saved January 2012 or earlier) don't work, maybe they all got corrupted somehow. :( Thanks for looking into the problem, though.
TheVileOne
This should be fixed. Any replays that still don't work are probably either corrupt or the format has changed since 2009 that has caused them to not be read.