forum

[Archived] Problem (and question) about pp's Accuracy.

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
residente1
Problem Details:
Hello, today I was doing Tamura Yukari - Fantastic future (TV Size) [Insane] and I finished the map doing a non full combo S (I broke the combo at half the song). I gained pp from 1933 to 1939, and lost 0.02% Global Accuracy, from 99.50% to 99.48%. Losing so much accuracy means that the map weighted a lot and that's why I lost that number.
I did the same map again but didn't break the combo that early, I broke it later but I did a lot of mistakes and got an A with an horrible 96.29% Accuracy.
After that I saw that I lost some performance points. I went down from 1939 to 1934. Meaning the map now weights way less than it did before, and losing pp because of that.

The problem is that the Global Accuracy lost wasn't recovered. I checked the map's weight and it's 12% what means that the accuracy loss previously shouldn't happen because of the low importance of the map.

I contacted the support and they gave me a link about how the pp system works, but I do know how it works, and my problem is not with pp but with Global Accuracy, that's why I'm making this thread here, to see if a player might want to read the whole post and tell me if this is indeed some kind of bug or if I'm just stupid and I'm not seeing something obvious.

In advance, thanks for your help.

Video or screenshot showing the problem:
Screenshot of the first score of the map, the one who made me gain pp and lose accuracy: http://i.imgur.com/PGyzTNr.jpg
Screenshot of the second score in the map, better score than the first, but worse performance, making me lose pp but keeping the accuracy: http://i.imgur.com/fQNhinF.jpg
Screenshot of my profile showing how much the second score weights on my profile: http://i.imgur.com/LkNFXBT.png

osu! version: 20140814.1 (latest)
Ayachi-
you dropped your accuracy and that was the reason you lost pp
global acc? I never look at that and I don't think it is really accurate
Topic Starter
residente1
I know the reason I dropped pp. It was because even though I got better score I did more misses and overall a worse performance.

This is Global Acc I belive it's a weighted average, giving or reducing your accuracy depending on how important is the map. It means that if you do SS on maps with low weight you will gain nothing, also means that if you do horrible and the map weights low, you wont lose anything.
Bara-
I don't beleive accuracy is weighted
I thought it had something to do with your 100 orso top performances, their average acc, but idk for sure
Topic Starter
residente1
That's why it is "weighted" your X best maps give you your accuracy, meaning the top map will have more impact than the second, the 2 more impact than the third and so on. That's why a map with 12% weight on my profile shouldn't remove 0.02% accuracy, that amount of gain or losses usually happen on your top maps with a lot of weight.
Bara-
Like I said, I don't believe that's the case
I think it takes all maps (or just a portion) with equal weight
Also, why worrying about accuracy?
It actually means nothing (a 96% insane player is better than a 100% easy player)
Topic Starter
residente1
I care about it and that shouldn't be a problem thought. 100% easy players don't exist because as long as you leave easy you will start losing accuracy. I'm 99.48% with almost 2000pp and I would like to keep having a high accuracy since for me it means I'm performing well.

Edit: I'm 99.50% again after doing some SS on a Hard map with DT (57% weight, as you can see is a lot) I found in your profile baraatje123, but the problem I'm talking about is still there since I lost the same amount I just won doing that 12% weight map.
Ayachi-

my acc in mania is below 95% when I have lots of SS and S
silmarilen

baraatje123 wrote:

yes it is

@op: 96% acc is low, especially when your average is 99.5%
even at 12% weighting that can still mean 0.02% difference
Topic Starter
residente1

[ S a k u r a ] wrote:

my acc in mania is below 95% when I have lots of SS and S
That's not how it works. The more a map weights, the more that accuracy counts for your global accuracy.

silmarilen wrote:

baraatje123 wrote:

yes it is

@op: 96% acc is low, especially when your average is 99.5%
even at 12% weighting that can still mean 0.02% difference
I know that 96% is really horrible, but I don't think that light weight would count that much. Again I can be obviously mistaken so I'll just try to do a better play of the map :o