forum

[Archived] Osu! Reset options + Local Scores Missing?

posted
Total Posts
Topic Starter
Birdi
This is the second time this happened, but I assumed it was just a one-time thing beforehand.
I'm not sure how or why, but today when starting up Osu!, it asked me to login again, and my options had to be reset to what they were yesterday.
On top of that, all my local scores are missing, but I have replays that I've saved over time.

This doesn't fix itself, from what I've seen, and I have no idea of a cause.

It's not a huge problem, personally, but I can't be the only person who's experienced this before, right?
The only thing that bugs me is now I don't know for-sure what songs to improve on without taking a lot of effort to look up my score for it online.

EDIT: Seems now no matter what settings I have on, I experience horrendous lag spikes (FPS) as well. Going from 60 > 25~ and back up literally every time a note or message from chat comes up on screen.

osu! version: 20140814.1 (latest)
Kyonko Hizara
How did you solve the problem the first time it happened?
TheVileOne
Your config got corrupted some how. Your PC may have suffered a hardware failure perhaps or you may have a virus that is taking up lots of resources.
Kyonko Hizara

TheVileOne wrote:

Your config got corrupted some how. Your PC may have suffered a hardware failure perhaps or you may have a virus that is taking up lots of resources.
I'd be leaning more toward a hardware failure
Topic Starter
Birdi
I resolved it the first time by simply redoing my options, as with this time.

As far as hardware problems goes, it's not likely. Corruption maybe, but definitely not a virus.

I'll just make constant backups I suppose.
TheVileOne
The lagspikes probably were because of a render option or FPS setting that your system didn't agree with. That seems most plausible.